Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unfettered by regulation, India pulls ahead on stem cell treatments

Quote Originally Posted by jhope View Post
    Psycho babble... If there was even the slightest bit of truth to any of this she would win the Nobel peace prize. Psycho babble... .
    Actually it wouldn't it be the prize in Medicine? Not that I give a shit about your f'ing loser rant. By all means go ahead and spew shithead. There was a conversation going on here with adults talking - can't handle that?. What I find unconscionable are thread hijackers ranting on with their feeble minded opinions and summary calls for execution. But hey, that's just me. Stay classy there jhope.
    ______
    Awe at my magnificent coq!

"You may say I'm a dreamer
    but I'm not" - J. Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by eks View Post
    Actually it wouldn't it be the prize in Medicine? Not that I give a shit about your f'ing loser rant. By all means go ahead and spew shithead. There was a conversation going on here with adults talking - can't handle that?. What I find unconscionable are thread hijackers ranting on with their feeble minded opinions and summary calls for execution. But hey, that's just me. Stay classy there jhope.

first of all i have forgotten more than you will ever know you ignorant pos. keep believing some snake oil Indian doctor miraculously discovered what you think is a cure. 82,000 dollars later and intense pt and you can move your thumb. you people are stupid, dumbass dreamers that could donate to real research instead of that imoral scum bag.

ps.at 16 months post injury i started to make gains. i went from nothing to assisted walking.
    Last edited by jhope; 10-20-2009 at 07:45 PM.

hi roadreck,

thanks for the reply.

my question was meant as more technical in that do they tell patients we will inject these cells and it will take up to so much time maybe 3 months to see the full impact of improvement?

cell survival time line

also in your research my guess is you've ran across patients who got no return?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by roadreck View Post
    Leo,
    I have seen the whole spectrum here. My son had movement back in his right hand (primarily thumb extension and some wrist deviation) within the first two weeks. He has also seen some modest improvements since then... pec and tricep (ability to hold a press for about 5 to 8 seconds...had nothing prior to tx) , improvement in breathing, and ability to push urine. I've met a few folks who saw more improvement after they returned home (here for second and third time), but most everyone I've met so far (upwards of 20 or so) have had some improvement. There is one gentleman who's still waiting to see something after 6 weeks. The SCI folks here range from 4 months post injury to 20 plus years. As you can imagine there is a strong sense of community and camaraderie here, and everyone is keenly attuned and interested in the changes that are happening.
    The clinic folks do suggest to the patients that it takes time, and they need to focus on PT/Exercise because they should expect to see improvement after they have returned home.
    Thanks for asking
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Leo,
    sorry, I haven't responded earlier. The short answer is no they don't. The long answer is that they suggest that the benefits can be long lasting (time undetermined) especially for the neuronal cells (hematopietic have a short life span...30 days I think).
    Yes, I have come across a few, some on this forum. There is one gentleman (C5/6) here now who has had minimal effect, but he is also a gunshot injury...close range with lots of burn on the cord...he wonders if this is not related to the limits of the treatment.
    thanks

Dr. Young, I'd be interested in a reply to my earlier post to you...whenever you have a chance.
    thank you

Patients are notorious for providing incorrect information. This is one of the negatives I have with Geeta Shroff. The Website that was linked above, the patient underwent a neurological exam prior to and after Geeta Shroffs treatment. It is my understanding that the patients own (U.S) Doctor stated no benefit was derived. Yet the patient contends otherwise.

Geeta Shroff filed a patent application quite a while back. I was one of the first persons to post the link, as I had been waiting and watching for it. If you want to view the application, providing the link is still up, search my old posts. It was at least a year ago. After the application is filed, I believe the procedure, and the cells are then protected (within the application). Which leads to my next inquiry:

Why is it that Geeta Shroff hasn't provided a vial of her cells for independent testing and verification? This to me is a red flag, and highly suspicious under the circumstances.

I am not saying that patients won't enjoy traveling to India and seeing the sites. Not even that intense physical rehabilitation that supposedly is provided (by Geeta Shroffs team) is not worthwhile.

However, it is my belief that any therapeutic cell with regards to spinal cord injury, must be injected directly into the spinal cord (at, above and below) delivered to the trauma location. To my knowledge, Geeta Shroff does not inject directly into the spinal cord.

Chasb,

I had the so called stem cells from geeta shroff. Queen of scam ! I was ASIA B before I went to her and am still ASIA B . So that is that. She does not inject the so called stem cells in the cord. Infact most of the time it IM or IV. Amanda Boxtel saw some improvements earlier on , but my belief is that it was a placebo effect. In short she is a scam artist and I cannot for the world of me understand why the Indian govt does'nt take her to task .