Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920
Results 191 to 196 of 196

Thread: Panthera X - LIGHTEST WHEELCHAIR! 4.6 pounds!!

  1. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by ozziegn View Post
    I'm digging this thread from the grave to ask if anyone has one on this forum?
    I know two guys who have it, one now for more than a year with zero problems, fantastic chair said.

    The problem is that is not offered in much measurements, but if it fit to you it`s a bomb of chair.

    Because i don`t have the money for it, if not i will be seating in one.
    Order one with 24" rear wheels, and after i will change the 3" casters and i will put 4" softroll and 25" rear wheels and will be perfect for me, the fork let room for it, and i will put an Oracing back uphostery and wuala!!

  2. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    I know two guys who have it, one now for more than a year with zero problems, fantastic chair said.

    The problem is that is not offered in much measurements, but if it fit to you it`s a bomb of chair.

    Because i don`t have the money for it, if not i will be seating in one.
    Order one with 24" rear wheels, and after i will change the 3" casters and i will put 4" softroll and 25" rear wheels and will be perfect for me, the fork let room for it, and i will put an Oracing back uphostery and wuala!!
    Is the Panthera fork wide enough for a FL 1.4" wide caster? Do you think you could rig up a cf seat pan for it as well?

  3. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Is the Panthera fork wide enough for a FL 1.4" wide caster? Do you think you could rig up a cf seat pan for it as well?
    Yes, the Panthera fork is wide enough, have same wide measurement than the Panthera U2 ultralight and as you can see i didn`t have any problem to fit the FL caster, just one problem, they use 6mm axles, so you have to options, one is open the hole of the fork to 8mm or the other is put inside the caster a tube reduction as i did when i went to try the panthera.
    There you`ve got a close pic where you can see the width of the fork (left one), the cf seat with velcro wouldn`t be any problem.
    Last edited by totoL1; 03-15-2013 at 12:27 PM.

  4. #194
    Tried one at the Expo show. At 10 pounds overall, it was by far the lightest chair in the whole building. They say they have sold 1,700 chairs. The verbal MSRP / list price was $10,000 to $11,000 US. My hand and arm strength is low enough that my OT and ATP have recommended a power chair. When trying manual chairs as a backup, most handrims / pushrims are too small or slippery for me to grip effectively. The Panthera is so light, that's not a problem. I can basically push without gripping because the whole thing is only a tiny bit heavier than a gallon of milk.

    Someone who is easy on their equipment will not need a thick or strong frame. If you're not jumping curbs or doing sports in your household / office chair then this might work.

  5. #195
    Toto.
    In the panthera x if I change the wheels to my 25inch, how can I adjust the breaking mechanism?

    Chris

    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Don`t worry, i would take my camera and i would take a few pictures.
    O.K i would tell to two guys to pick me up in the chair for see if we can do it with the no locking backrest.
    I would take with me a pair of 4"x1.5" alum softroll casters and i would change the original casters for them, for see if the 4" diameter will fit in the fork and i`ll take pictures for you can see this chair with a cool casters.

  6. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by ckhouri View Post
    Toto.
    In the panthera x if I change the wheels to my 25inch, how can I adjust the breaking mechanism?

    Chris
    http://www.panthera.se/panthera/docu...tering_eng.pdf
    Last edited by totoL1; 06-22-2013 at 07:45 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 12:06 AM
  2. Seven Pounds (the movie)
    By watchthisbaby in forum Movies & Music
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-20-2008, 12:20 AM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-23-2008, 05:11 PM
  4. Lightest maintenance-free tire for 24- 1 3/8 IGLIDE
    By NoDecafPlz in forum Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-20-2004, 12:18 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-30-2004, 11:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •