Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Oxycodone Withdrawal

I don't think there is 'addiction; to Lyrica or Neurotin. Maybe they help you, you say it works. If it works, then take it. To say you are addicted to Lyrica would be a diabetic stating he is addicted to insulin.

I quit taking 80 mg tid after 10 years cold turkey with no type rehab i had withdrawal and live in pain. it can be done my spine feels like glass

why

Quote Originally Posted by reedyd View Post
    I quit taking 80 mg tid after 10 years cold turkey with no type rehab i had withdrawal and live in pain. it can be done my spine feels like glass

why did you quit. i am a c5 inc 35 years. never took anything for pain. doctors was always telling me to take some percs. 6 months ago finally gave in. 15mg oxycodone 3x and 15mg morphine er 1x daily. i never end up taking the daily prescribed because i simply forget - not because i'm doped but the same reason my 1 a day 30 day supply lasts 3 months forget to take them. i have got so use to the grinding neck and authritis that i can just deal with it. also i go 3-4 days without anything just to prove to myself i can. must admitt it is good to have a pick me up oxy some mornings when i hurt before getting up. donnie

my doc was busted for medicare fraud and it is getting harder to get and i just got tired of being dependent on it my back hurts like hell but that whatever

I take oxycontin and oxynorm (quite high doses), I have taken “holidays” from oxy to other opioids from time to time (to reduce possibility of tolerance from long term use of oxy). I have always managed to do this by reducing slowly and at same time replacing with another opiod (like Tramadol modified and immediate release). I get lower dose/mg oxy from my Dr when I do this. I do get the anxiety and “wired” feeling but not too badly. It is an effective medication for me combined with Lyrica and Amitriptyline and muscle relaxants. I can definitely feel the “withdrawal” of the med from my system but the brief “holidays” help me overcome my fear of getting tolerant to the one opioid which helps damp down the some of my nerve pain. I occasionally use lidocaine patches.We all do what we need to get through this pain from hell................

Today I went to my Pharm to renew my script of Oxycodone 10/325 mg. I was told by the pharm ( Wallgreens ) that they do not have any in stock and have back orders from the comp that supplies them with it and will not be recieving it till after Jan 1st of 2013.
    They suggested I check another well known (CVS ) pharm and I was told the same.
    I asked them what are people who take this regularly suppose to do and was told "We don't know" and "Sorry you have to go thru this".
    My question is this... Is there anything anyone might know of that can be subsituted for this or would they know if Perocet which I understand to be the un-generic for oxycodone if that could be ordered instead?
    I am going to contact my Dr regardless but I wanted to pose this quest online in case anyone is going thru this right now like me.
    I have enough pills for only a couple of days and I dont want to go thru the W/D like i did the last time I forgot to reorder.
    Thank you Rob

Hydrocodone should work until you get the Percocet. They both work with the same brain receptors is my understanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by robntamarac5307 View Post
    Today I went to my Pharm to renew my script of Oxycodone 10/325 mg. I was told by the pharm ( Wallgreens ) that they do not have any in stock and have back orders from the comp that supplies them with it and will not be recieving it till after Jan 1st of 2013.
    They suggested I check another well known (CVS ) pharm and I was told the same.
    I asked them what are people who take this regularly suppose to do and was told "We don't know" and "Sorry you have to go thru this".
    My question is this... Is there anything anyone might know of that can be subsituted for this or would they know if Perocet which I understand to be the un-generic for oxycodone if that could be ordered instead?
    I am going to contact my Dr regardless but I wanted to pose this quest online in case anyone is going thru this right now like me.
    I have enough pills for only a couple of days and I dont want to go thru the W/D like i did the last time I forgot to reorder.
    Thank you Rob
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

You might check with the pharmacy to see what other doses they have in stock. I have had this problem personally and so have my patients. Sometimes we rewrite the script for 5's. The key is to protect your liver and not take too many based on the tylenol factor. Check with your pharmacy and your doctor.
    Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I go back and forth between Oxycodone and Endocet 10/325. I think the 325 indicates Tylenol so dont use the Endos that often

Generic Name: oxycodone and acetaminophen.

Check with pharmacy. Good luck! My doc prescribes me enough per mo. that I have at least a four week stash.

BUT, keep this in mind; Percocet 10/325 (acetaminophen and oxycodone)?

Do not use this medication - Endocet/325 - if you are allergic to acetaminophen (Tylenol) or oxycodone.

Read more at http://www.drugs.com/mtm/percocet-10...aCRE5tkxujd.99

I like what Russianrob notes: Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.
    Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~