Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone smoke cigs. and does it make your legs hurt?

Does anyone smoke cigs. and does it make your legs hurt?

Just wondering. My friend has this problem and he's a S1. He says it makes his legs start as soon as he takes a puff. I told him it was circulation. He won't quit.
    Mary
    I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
    Van Morrison

i smoke it doesn't cause me any pain but everybody is different. maybe he should look into e-cig they are bit pricey. i got one but for $180 it really didn't work for me i was thinking of putting on ebay for 100.
    Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

I smoke and don't get any pain from it. I have stopped for a while but it didn't make any difference.
    TH 12, 43 years post

I rarely smoke, typically only if I'm extremly pissed over something - or had way to many beers.
    Since I rarely smoke, it's like a high in a sense. My legs get all warm and tingly from my toes up to my waist.
    Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

Smoking does have some negitive affect on circulation, but I admit, I smoke, but don't have pain from it - he's got a choice, quit smoking or quit complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by maryonwheels46 View Post
    Just wondering. My friend has this problem and he's a S1. He says it makes his legs start as soon as he takes a puff. I told him it was circulation. He won't quit.
    Mary
    i am same way and i hate it 1 drag instant pain like feet swollen ready to split butt on fire
    legs like fireantz

i have cut back to don/t laugh 1 aday knowing that i am going to regret it but........

It caused my legs to cramp up if I have a cigarette. My foot and muscles will spasm

Quote Originally Posted by maryonwheels46 View Post
    Mary
    Pain in the legs from smoking is very common in people with peripheral artery disease (PAD). The nicotine causes blood vessels to constrict, and because circulation is already compromised, the surrounding muscles or other tissue are deprived of oxygen. Smoking can actually speed up the development of PAD. It is bad for blood vessle health.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

nicotine elevates my nerve pain..make my legs and feet hurt, and they've been gone 6 months....cost of smokes elevates my wallet pain

There is another thread on this topic here somewhere.