Thread: 25'' wheels

25'' wheels

hey guys i tried my buddys 25 inch wheels and i really liked them so im going to buy a set but i dont wanna lose any dump in my zr. i have 4inch casters so could i drop them down a hole in my caster or would i have to get 5in casters to keep my dump even? i dnt know if im making sense but any help would be awesome!

If you increase or decrease the size of your rear wheels, you need to do the same for the front, so you'll need to go to a bigger front wheel also if you change the wheels.

You could also go down to a lower hole in your fork - essentially, all you want to do is keep the frame in the same plane, but raise the whole thing by the same amount in the front and back.

Just make sure that the change in the front will keep the geometry of the chair the same - if you raise or lower the front by much, there is a risk that the fork angle will go out of 90 degrees, which is not ideal. One or the other (the bigger front wheel or the lower hole) might work better, but either should get you really close.

Going from 24"s to 25"s will raise the back up 1/2". I believe the caster holes are about that so should equal out. Measure from hole to hole to be sure.

For sure a 5" caster would fix it. Just remember, your knees will be 1/2" higher too, so watch out going under tables for awhile.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Quote Originally Posted by jhm View Post
    hey guys i tried my buddys 25 inch wheels and i really liked them so im going to buy a set but i dont wanna lose any dump in my zr. i have 4inch casters so could i drop them down a hole in my caster or would i have to get 5in casters to keep my dump even? i dnt know if im making sense but any help would be awesome!
    I think that you only have to drop down a hole your 4" caster, you will have the same dump.

thanks alot dude!