Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012

it has something to do with planetary alignment changes. if the world as we know it ends and something new and different emerges, fine with me as long as it doesn't involve the massive destruction of life.

From that website I already quoted, I found this quite interesting. It's not the first time I've heard the internet referred to with evil undertones (I knew a Mormon who referred to computers and the internet as, "The Beast.") Not judging ... and keep in mind this is one man's interpretation, not all who read the Quran.

2280 Quran Code

"When the horn is blown once. The earth and the mountains will be carried off and crushed; utterly crushed. That is the day when the inevitable event will come to pass." 69:13-15

The end of the world is coded in the Quran, according to the translation by Dr. Rashad Khalifa, and will be destroyed in 2280. The signs, of it’s impending destruction, given in the Quran have already been fulfilled. These include :

1) The splitting of the moon: This happened in June 1969 when man landed on the moon and brought back moon rocks.

2) The Creature (27:82): The Quran has predicted that at the right time God would produce a creature that would be instrumental in unveiling His signs. This was fulfilled, the creature was the computer which was instrumental in unveiling the Quran's numerical code, and proclaiming that the world has neglected God's message.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Cool tracy chapman sang it best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fNYEQYNjtg

NEW BEGINNING LYRICS

The whole world’s broke and it ain’t worth fixing
    It’s time to start all over, make a new beginning
    There’s too much pain, too much suffering
    Let’s resolve to start all over make a new beginning

Now don’t get me wrong I love life and living
    But when you wake up and look around at everything that’s going down
    All wrong
    You see we need to change it now, this world with too few happy endings
    We can resolve to start all over make a new beginning

Start all over
    Start all over
    Start all over
    Start all over

The world is broken into fragments and pieces
    That once were joined together in a unified whole
    But now too many stand alone There’s too much separation
    We can resolve to come together in the new beginning

Start all over
    Start all over
    Start all over
    Start all over

We can break the cycle – We can break the chain
    We can start all over – In the new beginning
    We can learn, we can teach
    We can share the myths the dream the prayer
    The notion that we can do better
    Change our lives and paths
    Create a new world

And Start all over
    Start all over
    Start all over
    Start all over

The whole world’s broke and it ain’t worth fixing
    It’s time to start all over, make a new beginning
    There’s too much fighting, too little understanding
    It’s time to stop and start all over
    Make a new beginning

Start all over
    Start all over
    Start all over
    Start all over

We need to make new symbols
    Make new signs
    Make a new language
    With these we’ll define the world

And start all over
    Start all over
    Start all over
    Start all over

i don't think the end is near, but i watched 2012 last nite and its a pretty good movie

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post

2012-DEC-21: Novelty Coincidence

Terence McKenna, based on Novelty Theory ( the amount of novelty present in any temporal domain ) predicts that “at the coincidence of the moment of the solstice and the heliacal rising of the galactic centre, levels of planetary novelty will exponentially increase. The theory does not make clear the nature of the ultra novel event, however, speculation as to the nature of the encounter with the trans-dimensional object at the end of time includes Solar Explosion and Quasar Ignition at the
    Galactic Core.”
    I would just like to point out that this is jibberish. Not saying anything about you, Lynn, by the way. Just noting that McKenna's statement is complete nonsense. For example, even if a Quasar (which have only been detected in very distant, and therefore very young, galaxies) existed at our galactic center, that is 26,000 light years away, which means--even if it did ignite--it would take 26,000 years for the light to reach us and the position of our solar system would contribute nothing to it occurring. Additionally, any material existing around an accretion disk at the center of the Milky Way likely burned up billions of years ago, when our galaxy was young.
    "I'm lost. I'm no guide, but I'm by your side." - Pearl Jam

"It decomposes, mendicant, therefore, truly, one calls this the world." -- Loka Sutta

Quote Originally Posted by Saorsa View Post
    I would just like to point out that this is jibberish. Not saying anything about you, Lynn, by the way. Just noting that McKenna's statement is complete nonsense. For example, even if a Quasar (which have only been detected in very distant, and therefore very young, galaxies) existed at our galactic center, that is 26,000 light years away, which means--even if it did ignite--it would take 26,000 years for the light to reach us and the position of our solar system would contribute nothing to it occurring. Additionally, any material existing around an accretion disk at the center of the Milky Way likely burned up billions of years ago, when our galaxy was young.
    Kiss me, you genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    Kiss me, you genius.
    Ha! I have been meaning to thank you for the lovely, gratuitous boobies provided in your signature.
    "I'm lost. I'm no guide, but I'm by your side." - Pearl Jam

"It decomposes, mendicant, therefore, truly, one calls this the world." -- Loka Sutta

Quote Originally Posted by Saorsa View Post
    Ha! I have been meaning to thank you for the lovely, gratuitous boobies provided in your signature.
    LMAO!