Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012

so who all thinks the world is going to end.
    Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

I think some[one, group, what-have-you] is going to mark it as significant. Then again, maybe not. lol Though I'll be forty. That'll be my end. *grumble, mumble*

http://www.weird-websites.com/justweird/endofworld.htm

2012 : Mayan Calendar

The Mayan calendar is divided into months of 20 days, years of 360 days, katun of 7200 days and a baktun of 144,000 days. According to this ancient civilization the world will last for exactly 13 baktun cycles. Their calendar started on 3114-AUG-13 BCE with the birth of Venus and they expected the world to end during the Winter Solstice of 2012.

2012-DEC-21: Novelty Coincidence

Terence McKenna, based on Novelty Theory ( the amount of novelty present in any temporal domain ) predicts that “at the coincidence of the moment of the solstice and the heliacal rising of the galactic centre, levels of planetary novelty will exponentially increase. The theory does not make clear the nature of the ultra novel event, however, speculation as to the nature of the encounter with the trans-dimensional object at the end of time includes Solar Explosion and Quasar Ignition at the
    Galactic Core.”
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

The world isn't supposed to end. This cycle is supposed to end and another will begin. "It's the end of the world as we know it..."

C.

somebody reading dan brown's latest book

i'd be pissed if it did! If I was in college and not making money though I might say bring it on!
    Kind of reminds me a few years ago, when my mom was with me in the car she saw me put my seat belt on and said, wow you must be in a good mood!
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Quote Originally Posted by mr_coffee View Post
    i'd be pissed if it did! If I was in college and not making money though I might say bring it on!
    Kind of reminds me a few years ago, when my mom was with me in the car she saw me put my seat belt on and said, wow you must be in a good mood!
    the 2012 prediction has to do w/ppl seeing the light, the real things important...not destruction. i dunno what is coming, but i don't think it's world destruction...who knows, w/middle east, korea and all. but not the first time i've heard this in my lifetime. in any case, we just have to live each day, hold our loved ones and more likely die of cancer. imo.

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    the 2012 prediction has to do w/ppl seeing the light, the real things important...not destruction. i dunno what is coming, but i don't think it's world destruction...who knows, w/middle east, korea and all. but not the first time i've heard this in my lifetime. in any case, we just have to live each day, hold our loved ones and more likely die of cancer. imo.
    a few years ago i was at a friends new years party and a group of us got to talking about it. then i was watching the history channel about week or two ago and the were talking about all the prediction. the next day i was talking about with my mom and she was telling me about the calenders that stopped at 2012. i forgot all about then i saw a clip of the new movie 2012 and it just got me thinking about it again.
    Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

I don't think the world is going to end on a specified date, although I do believe that if we keep putting toxins into the water and air it might become unliveable over time. I only live a couple of feet above sea level, so I also think in time my place will be submerged under the sea as levels rise thanks to global warming. Probably not in my lifetime, but eventually.
    I think the movie 2012 looks like a special effects feast! I have watched the trailer's and will be anxious to see it, but just for the high tech fun of watching buidings collapse, and freeways collapse. Pure adreniline rush!

Quote Originally Posted by cripple4life View Post
    a few years ago i was at a friends new years party and a group of us got to talking about it. then i was watching the history channel about week or two ago and the were talking about all the prediction. the next day i was talking about with my mom and she was telling me about the calenders that stopped at 2012. i forgot all about then i saw a clip of the new movie 2012 and it just got me thinking about it again.
    My little bros watched that show too. They are 7 & 12. It was interesting listening to them discuss it. The older one says it is phoney, but the little one is not as sure. I did like his take on it, though...he was listing all the things he wants to do before 2012.

Saw the previews for "2012", and it looks like a Oscar nominee for special effects.

I'm with Cass...I doubt I will still be around to have to worry about it, so I'll just take it a day at a time. If the Inca's knew so much, what the heck happened to them?
    Veni.Vidi,Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vidi, Vici, et Veni, et Veni, et Veni...

If it ends, cool. If not, yeah well.....keep on living till whenever.