Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rick Hansen and Rick Mercer go Bungee Jumping (video)

Rick Hansen and Rick Mercer go Bungee Jumping (video)

I sure hope this video is made available to everyone.

Man in Motion Rick Hansen and comedian Rick Mercer go bungee jumping in Whistler, B.C. to help mark the 25th anniversary of Rick Hansen's Man in Motion marathon wheelchair tour.

I love how they just toss Rick off the bridge.

The bungee jumping part begins around the 1:20 area. Just click on Episode 1. It worked for me.

http://www.cbc.ca/mercerreport/video.html

That was fun to watch...thanks for posting NQ. I used to ski at Whistler...one of God's masterpieces no doubt.
    Veni.Vidi,Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vidi, Vici, et Veni, et Veni, et Veni...

Cool! I'd love to do it!
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    That was fun to watch!

I was wondering how they were going to avoid breaking his hips until they strapped him up in his chair. It looked safe enough that way that I would be tempted if something like this was nearby.

I'm pretty sure the thought of pushing up and rolling back down that ramp/bridge would have been the scariest part for me. When they asked if I had any joint issues etc. I could have told them that after pushing up there my shoulders were pretty much F'd.

Ha, I wouldn't even go out on the bridge. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Ha, I wouldn't even go out on the bridge. No thanks.
    Come on Dave, live it on the edge man. I wanna do it strapped into my powerchair and then bounce back up about 75 feet, down again, up again, about 20 times before I stop. It'd be a helluva lot easier on my shoulders than my snow ski crashes.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    Come on Dave, live it on the edge man. I wanna do it strapped into my powerchair and then bounce back up about 75 feet, down again, up again, about 20 times before I stop. It'd be a helluva lot easier on my shoulders than my snow ski crashes.
    Ok, I'll play you Wheelchair Foot Stairs to see who goes first. Wheelchair beats foot. Foot beats stairs. And stairs beats wheelchair. Best out of three.

Whistler Bungee is no stranger to folks in chairs. It's been on my list of places to visit someday... the wife knows this too...

http://whistlerbungee.com/

http://whistlerbungee.com/waysToJump4.php