Thread: any mac users here?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

any mac users here?

if so, do you have problems accessing your (and other people's) profile(s)? for some reason, i'm unable to activate any of the forum's toolbar subjects (new, find, my space, notify, tools). i don't know if it's the browser i'm using (safari) or what. i've tried using IE and still have the same problems. it's very frustrating.

"i am human and i need to be loved, just like everybody does" -- the smiths

hey Lena... yup, try IE. Safari works for everything but those dropdowns. IE is fine, although the positioning is slightly off.

peace,
    ~ scott

p.s. ask this in the computers forum... chances are this post will get moved there anyway.

Originally posted by jmublueduck:

_p.s. ask this in the computers forum... chances are this post will get moved there anyway._
    oops, sorry about that.

i have problems with IE as well.
    weird, hm.

I noticed that IE is OK. I also have the same problem with Safari accessing profiles just as Lena describes. Camino works great. Everything is accessible and centered. It's the Cocoa version of Mozilla. It's at:

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/camino/

Lena:

As Scott pointed out, we do have a Computer Forum now and your topic would be a more appropriate place than the Life Forum. However, I just want you to find a solution to this problem and I will move your topic sometime tomorrow. Thanks for your understanding.

PN

Originally posted by Brad_D:

Camino works great.
    well dang, I just dl'd Camino & it's faster than Safari from first glance. Thanks for the link Brad

Mozilla does a much better job on the menus than the other browsers. It also handles Javascript a lot better than Safari. I rarely use IE anymore on the Mac. Just too dang slow.

BTW, Lena, Dr. Young is a Mac user and is usually ahead of everybody as far as what browser or programs to use. I also use a Mac at work, along with some other moderators. So we definitely try to be Mac friendly here.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

thanks for your suggestions everyone!
    now this means i have to dl another browser, ugh. i don't know if i have enough room on my HD. we'll see.