Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Nightmare on Elm Street - 4/30/10

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    Yikes! I think I will pass on that one. Have fun.
    I am going to a film called "Mother" later. It is Korean and has subtitles, so no one will go with me. I don't mind going alone.
    My son is coming over to watch "Pacific" (HBO) episodes with Dave.
    Aww! I'd love to go with you. I adore foreign films.

I loved the movies & shows as a child. I'm a wuss now though. The way I sleep & bad dreams already...hell no!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    Aww! I'd love to go with you. I adore foreign films.
    "Mother" was good. You would have liked it. My sister took off work early and came along. We went for a cocktail after and was nice to get out.
    Years ago I worked at a restaurant/brewey. There was an older, slightly eccentric man who would come in most nights to play blackjack and pull tabs. His name was actually Fred Krueger. He was a heavy drinker.
    Once he slipped in the bathroom and fell backwords hitting his head on the urinal. It broke, water was spraying everywhere. His hair was even pulled off and floating in what was left of the urinal.
    The next day he came in with a head full of stitches and was furious that the urinal was put where it was an wanted free dinner.
    That is my Freddy Krueger tale.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    "Mother" was good. You would have liked it. My sister took off work early and came along. We went for a cocktail after and was nice to get out.
    Years ago I worked at a restaurant/brewey. There was an older, slightly eccentric man who would come in most nights to play blackjack and pull tabs. His name was actually Fred Krueger. He was a heavy drinker.
    Once he slipped in the bathroom and fell backwords hitting his head on the urinal. It broke, water was spraying everywhere. His hair was even pulled off and floating in what was left of the urinal.
    The next day he came in with a head full of stitches and was furious that the urinal was put where it was an wanted free dinner.
    That is my Freddy Krueger tale.
    Oh, my! Sounds a bit freaky in its own right.

Don't bother! Buy the original instead. The remake is not scary at all nor does it use Wes Craven's genius in creating the spine-chilling atmosphere by using haunting theme music, a Freddy with little sense of humor and a chilling voice. Plus the nightmares along with the deaths aren't very frightening.

The funny child molester angle of the remake is horrible. Freddy Krueger was originally a child-killer, not a child molester. He also wasn't very humorous in Wes' vision or in the films Wes were involved in.

Some of the original's most creepy scenes are alluded to or shown in quick homage, which is a terrible mistake on the part of the remakers. Tina's nightmare in which she encounters Freddy in the street alley? Forget it--changed her name to Kris and completely botched the dream sequence into a quick death. Nancy seeing Tina post-mortem in her nightmare at the school? You see it for two seconds at most in what the film calls a "micronap." Just two examples of the creepiest parts being left for silly special effects or just bad-acting.