Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm so frigin upset my IHSS hours just got cut by 30%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry I'm so frigin upset my IHSS hours just got cut by 30%

fuc*ing unreal! My MD never received the paperwork to fill out for 09. My care hasn't changed. I'm so pi$$ed. I don't ask for much. I didn't ask to have my neck broke. I want to meet the shithead who decided to cut my hours.

I need to find a legal or advocate source in N. Cal (Shasta County). Any help appreciated. They screwed with the wrong guy. I'm already requesting a hearing.

Man I need to back off - DAM
    Lynarrd Skynyrd Lives

Quote Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
    fuc*ing unreal! My MD never received the paperwork to fill out for 09. My care hasn't changed. I'm so pi$$ed. I don't ask for much. I didn't ask to have my neck broke. I want to meet the shithead who decided to cut my hours.

I need to find a legal or advocate source in N. Cal (Shasta County). Any help appreciated. They screwed with the wrong guy. I'm already requesting a hearing.

Don't you have a meeting with the shithead once a year?

Quote Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post

Are you sure your loss of hours isn't due to California's budge cuts?

IHSS budget cuts to take effect Nov. 1

The California Department of Social Services announced today that about 130,000 people now enrolled in In-Home Supportive Services will lose some or all assistance starting Nov. 1.

About 97,000 people will lose some aid now provided by the program, which gives low-income adults who are over 65, blind or disabled assistance with tasks like cleaning, doing laundry, grocery shopping and personal care. About 36,000 people will be dropped from the program entirely. Seniors and the disabled will be cut from the program based on already existing evaluations of how well they function.
    The service reduction is part of changes the department is making after the most recent budget cuts. The governor's office had estimated that the state could have saved up to $82.1 million through next June by cutting back the program's services, though a two-month delay in implementing the changes was estimated to cut into those savings by about $16 million
    I hope you can get your hours back...that is one area that shouldn't be impacted by budget cuts.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

My paperwork got misplaced by the worker and overlooked. Lost all my hours for nearly a month. Once they were reactivated they were reduce nearly 30%, maybe closer to 25%. My case manager was afraid if we didn't reduce the hours on my plan I would be denied because of cuts in the budget. Red tape everywhere...
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

This sucks

The Govinator is determined to get rid of IHSS once and for all (he has been trying for 5 years now). Big cuts are being made. Many are loosing their in-home care entirely. Many people in CA are going to end up in much more expensive nursing homes with worse care due to this.

http://www.californiaprogressreport....schwar_30.html

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    The Govinator is determined to get rid of IHSS once and for all (he has been trying for 5 years now). Big cuts are being made. Many are loosing their in-home care entirely. Many people in CA are going to end up in much more expensive nursing homes with worse care due to this.
    (KLD)
    I called the governor's office about a month ago, but to no avail. It's like you said IHSS has been on his hit list for five years. I don't know how some people are going to survive.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Sad...Anyone heard anything about the community choice act?
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

call and call then call again

E-mail Me

Home: Contact Us: E-mail MeHow to . . . Send me an e-mail

Every e-mail I receive is read, and your opinions are carefully considered.

Please send me a note using the e-mail form below. If you are a California resident and would like a response to your email, make sure to include your mailing address in the necessary fields.

If you need help dealing with a federal agency, please fill out a casework form and mail it to my San Francisco office. We can not accept e-mailed requests for casework assistance.

And if you need to speak with a member of my staff immediately, please contact one of my offices by telephone.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Please enter your name and address.
    Fields marked with an * are required.

Prefix: * Mr. Miss Mrs. Ms. Mr. and Mrs. Dr. First Name: * Last Name: * Address 1: *Address 2:City: * State: * Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming Zip Code: * E-mail: *To receive a response via U.S. Postal Mail check here
    What is the general topic of your message? (Please choose 1 from the list.)

Services:

Internship Issue / Topic:

AbortionHousingAgricultureHuman Services/WelfareAnimalsImmigrationBanking/FinanceIndian AffairsCivil Liberties / RightsIntelligence CommitteeFCC/CommunicationsIraqDefenseJudicial NominationsEconomyJudiciaryEducationLaborEnergy/ WaterMedicare / Prescription DrugsEnvironmentNarcotics/Illicit DrugsForeign AffairsScience / SpaceGay IssuesSocial SecurityGovernment AffairsTaxesGun ControlTradeHealthTransportationHomeland SecurityVeterans
    Please write your message. * (fewer than 10,000 characters)

Characters remaining:
    I would like to sign up for Senator Feinstein's e-mail newsletter so I can keep informed about this and other important issues.

Home | Text Only | Site Map | Email Senator Feinstein | Privacy Policy | En Espanol

Since this change in IHSS is at the state level and not the federal level, you would do much more by contacting the Govinator's office and your state assemblyperson and state senator than you will get by contacting Ms. Feinstein, who is a Senator.

(KLD)