Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: H1N1 Flu Shot

Dunno, not getting it. I want my body to catch it and become immune itself. I don't mind getting sick for 3 days (time off).

For me any prescription straight medications like pain killers, numbing agents like for surgeries. All trigger mine to get worse.

Arm surgery -I got worse. few months later got better
    Spinal tap- got worse few months later got better
    Dentist for filling - got worse few months later got better
    Thumb surgery - got worse few months later got better
    pain killer for back injury at work - got worse and still slowly getting worse.

My thought for me is, M.S. is a nerve decease and what do pain killers do? Mess/numbs with your nerves.
    I do as much as I can homeopathic.

I will let my body work on imunning it self. Even with supposable low immune system I have been the healthiest one in family (cold and flu wise) by not living in a sterile world make my body build up my immune system.
    Last edited by Rich Knapp; 10-08-2009 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    I am not going to take it but I have never taken the usual flu shot either. I had the usual flu two years ago. I ended up in hospital with 40C in fever, but it was not that bad. I slept most of the time and got IV for three days and then I was sent out.

I believe the shots are destroying the normal immunity, the H1N1 is on the top here now and most of the people is not getting very sick. A little fever, 38,5C, pain in the body and it takes three days. Some people are getting worse but very few and they have gotten the Tamiflu. 4 people have died, sad, but more people are dying from the normal flu..
    Usually I'm of the same opinion as you regarding the seasonal flu shot. But H1N1 is a whole different animal. I just spent the past week trying to keep from drowning in the bloody mucus that was filling my lungs. Very scary. That's the worst flu I've had in my entire life. Normal flu usually goes through me in 24 hours. This is day five and I'm still not recovered.

This seasonal flu shot skeptic recommends getting the H1N1 vaccination

I think if I was a quad, I would have taken it. But as a low para, and I have been eating antibiotics for months, I stand over

I believe I have had it too so why take the shot. I was sick for a few days with pain in my body, headache and fever and I had the UTI on the same time. Same symptoms like most of the people have here.
    TH 12, 43 years post

My oldest nephew has the swine flu. He's on heavy antibiotics.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    My oldest nephew has the swine flu. He's on heavy antibiotics.

o fuck! i hope he gets better!

there i go with the fuck again...

but seriously, i hope he turns out just fine.
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

But antibiotics is not helping for viruses?

I hope he is getting better soon, no flu is nice to have
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    But antibiotics is not helping for viruses?

I hope he is getting better soon, no flu is nice to have
    The antibiotics are for the secondary opportunistic infections. I'm on them for my chest.

Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    o fuck! i hope he gets better!

there i go with the fuck again...

but seriously, i hope he turns out just fine.

The seasonal flu shot became available a week ago and I've gotten that each year. But the H1N1 vaccine just arrived and it is the nasal spray which only certain healthy populations can take because it is a small live dose of the flu itself. Next week they hope to have the shots which are the dead virus? I'm leery of any vaccine that is thrown together out of fear of an epidemic or pandemic and they keep changing who should and shouldn't get it. About 30% of parents are refusing to give it to their children due to fear of side effects etc. My husband and I don't want to get it but we have the 30 day waiting period after getting the seasonal shot to think about it.
    "What has happened, has happened; What I am going through, I shall rise above; And what will come, I will meet with courage"~Hazrat Inayat Kahn