Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what can i do....... dying here. will ER DO ANYTHING

what can i do....... dying here. will ER DO ANYTHING

THE PAIN SO BAD. im tryin to take my mind off. the bed help doesnt help after 15 min. then its another transfer to the chair or vice versa. isay that cause the pulling and adjusting makes it hurt. WILL THE ER TRY TO DO ANYTHING?? i read in some other threads they get treated like drug seekers. if they cant see it then its not there, or something like that.
    dr. young even responded and the same they dont know how to approach it. i have these fentanyl patches i mentioned chewing them for a [[[short]]] time. i know the risks.... i have other meds for breakthrough pain but we all know it doesnt do much of anything.

im about done w/ this. hang in there all, i know their are others.
    Last edited by Josh A; 10-04-2009 at 04:03 PM.
    Many Blessings,
    Josh

So we can say with confidence, The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?" Hebrew13:6

Hang in there Josh. I'm sorry to hear it's so rough right now.

I don't pretend to speak with authority here, but my guess is the ER is a coin toss, depending on the doctor you get.

I have run into the same problem and the same thing always happens. They do look at you like your "Dr. Shopping" and thanks to assholes that do that, people like us have to defend ourselves even though we have legitimate pain. The when you defend yourself, they tell you the first signs of addiction are denial and you must be in denial so you get stuck between a rock and a hard place. When I had the same problem with pain, I would tell them that I do have pain meds but they just aren't doing the trick at the moment. I asked if they could help me at the moment with something through IV like Delaudid or whatever works for you. Then I asked them if they could write me for a script for something that would hold me over and then suggest a really good pain clinic. Of course, they usually don't deal with that and tell you to find a pain clinic on your own and just give you a few days worth of meds that won't last as long as it takes to see a pain Doc for the first time. But my suggestion is to find a good pain Doc immediately and then explain everything to him/her. I got lucky and found a great pain Doc who was very understnig and helps me out greatly. He gives me a script for the proper pain meds and is also working to help me with alternative pain management (like seeing a nuero surgeon and had me just get injections into my spinal cord to alleviate pain and reduce my need for pain meds). Like I said, it is important to let them know you need to find a good pain Doc, make an appointment to see one soon, and explain to the pain Doc that you need help with the pain now while explaining that you would like to try alternative pain relief so you don't have to rely on narcotic pain meds (trust me, it's easy to become addicted and if your young like me you don't want to have to rely on meds the rest of your life). I mean, I am a double leg amputee and am a complete paraplegic from T4 down and you would think by looking at my mangled body and history of mutiple surguries that they would be more understanding but even then sometimes they are not. Keep on trying brother and hang in there, I know exactly what you are going through. I too was on the fentynal patch and Oxycodone but I got off of the patches (they worked well but made me nauseaous) and am just on the Oxycodone now and just got the injections so I can reduce my Oxycodone intake. You may find something that works right away or it may take a little trial and error but you will find something that helps. Take care buddy!
    Ken

Guns don't kill people. Daddys with cute daughters do!

Josh,

Sorry to hear you have been having such a hard time painwise. I can't fix it, but I wish I could...

Take care, and try to relax....I know...much easier said than done...

You are in my thoughts, friend.

Teena

THNX FOR RESPONSES...... AND APPRECIATE THE INFO.

I have a pain doc and we have taken several approaches..... neurontin, lyrica, elavil, methadone, oxycodone, patches, even a spinal cord stimulator implant. all that has done and nothing.... like mentioned earlier, trial and error. i have fissure[tear in the rectum] trying to heal. fissure sets off central pain causing tension in the booty then causing constipation. so its just revolving because all that comes right back to aggravating the fissure. its chronic not wanting to heal[the fissure]. ive recently had a minor surgery injecting botox in the rectum to help the healing process. i just don't know, thats why i asked about the ER. SO IF IT GETS HORRIBLY UNBEARABLE i can go there w/ confidence knowing i'll get ''some'' relief. i know it probably sounds like im lookiing for sympathy. i am just venting i guess and sharing my probs w/ hopes that others w/ similar issues have stumbled onto something.

thanx again
    josh
    Many Blessings,
    Josh

So we can say with confidence, The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?" Hebrew13:6

Have you tried cannabis?

actually i did see a pain psychologist and tried bio feedback. didnt really help... thats bout same as hypnosis. cannabis helped but i sure do get the muncheeez. haha. also i have to buy a bag and just dont feel right. i dunno i guess if it works i might try again, occassionally. actually i just cant see myself havin my mom, gradma, or grandpa lighting it up. i sure do sound like a confused indivual.
    Many Blessings,
    Josh

Methadone

Dude i feel your pain! I have so many drugs onboard. My Pain Dr finally started me on methadone. It has helped but my side effects kept me from going higher than 10mg.

I will start a trial of Prialt on tuesday 10/13 so I will let you know the results.

Josh,

Have a friend bake you a large batch of treats, keep them in the freezer and eat them over time. Just make sure the grandparents don't get their hands on them. Unless they have chronic pain too, then share for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerboy View Post
    Dude i feel your pain! I have so many drugs onboard. My Pain Dr finally started me on methadone. It has helped but my side effects kept me from going higher than 10mg.

I will start a trial of Prialt on tuesday 10/13 so I will let you know the results.
    Huskerboy, have you read what others have posted about their experience with Prialt on this forum? A quick search should turn up a couple of threads. I advise that you do so before you start it this week....you know, in favor of being a "fully informed consumer."