Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: All American(ish) Menu

All American(ish) Menu

It's that time of year when my colleagues and I compete by pairing up and cooking for each other outside of work.

It gets very competitive as we vote on each other's food before a December final at the house of our boss.

Most pairs try and cook something French, Italian or Asian but my partner and I decided we'd go big and American.

Please help me with recipes for anything you consider to be great food from the US - I want big fat burgers, home made fries and appetisers involving cheese. Lots of cheese.
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

You want to focus on a region or just anything big n greazy?

Even big burgers and hot dogs can be very specific and unique to a particular locality.

Ever watch Man V.S. Food? You might get some ideas on big BIG All American favs.
    Self-described "foodie" Adam Richman hits the road each week in search of America's best cuisine, spilling culinary secrets and tackling hometown food challenges in this gastronomic Travel Channel series. The first season finds Richman devouring Atomic Hot Wings at Pittsburgh's Inferno; digging into chicken and waffles in Atlanta; downing a two-and-a-half-pound Dagwood sandwich in Columbus, Ohio; and visiting New York City's famed Katz's Deli.

I spend half my life dreaming about food...can you guess what takes up the other half?

My brother has gotten his peg tube, but he can still eat abeit slowly. Ann tried to make every meal special for him, so she tries out a lot of new things. Her latest was sweet potato fries. They were a huge hit with the clan. She makes a killer appetizer made out of artichokes hearts and cheese. It is served hot on toast rounds. She makes lots cuz it goes fast. If you would like her to send you some recipes I know she would love to. She is a GREAT cook.

Let us know what you make , will you. I live vicariously through others meals now. lol
    Veni.Vidi,Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vidi, Vici, et Veni, et Veni, et Veni...

Can't stand the little twerp but his current series, "Jamie's American Road Trip", contains some drool inducing American recipes.

http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes...09-07_p_1.html

Can't get much more American than apple pie.
    It goes well with cheddar cheese, too1
    - Richard

Here, for an appetizer, stuffed potato skins a la T.G.I Friday's.

(TGI Friday is a restaurant)
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Oh, and if you don't want to do apple pie for dessert (an excellent idea by the way)

Toll House Cookies:

First created in Whitman Massachusetts.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Oh, and instead of hamburgers, you could go barbecue, with pulled pork or beef sandwiches. (I don't have a real recipe for this, I use a bottled sauce for mine, so I will let someone else come in with a authentic one.)
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I'd be talking to the WolfeMan, who posts some awesome pic of BBQ'd food he's prepared. He's probably got a lot of great recipes.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!