Thread: Slow/No Page Load Problems

Slow/No Page Load Problems

Is anyone else having problems with CC site pages loading extremely slowly or failing to load at all?

I've been having major problems getting the site to load during the last week. After clicking on a link, the page hangs up, sometimes taking as little as 20 seconds to complete the page load, other times hanging for hours before I either select STOP or REFRESH and try again. The problem doesn't seem to be specific to any one forum or section of the site. This has only been a problem with the CC site -- any other sites I visit load fine.

Anybody else notice they're having slow page load problems?
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by thehipcrip View Post
    Is anyone else having problems with CC site pages loading extremely slowly or failing to load at all?

I've been having major problems getting the site to load during the last week. After clicking on a link, the page hangs up, sometimes taking as little as 20 seconds to complete the page load, other times hanging for hours before I either select STOP or REFRESH and try again. The problem doesn't seem to be specific to any one forum or section of the site. This has only been a problem with the CC site -- any other sites I visit load fine.

I did not. Try to delete your cookies and temp internet files. It might help.
    "Always look at the bright side of life...."

I have been in and out of carecure most hours of the day and night all week. Most of the time, it has been very fast. There were a couple of times when loading of pages were slow this week. I am not sure why.

Wise.

It's not an issue with my cache or cookies, but thanks for the suggestion, ChinaDoll.

Wise, I appreciate the note and knowing that I'm not alone out here in the wilderness!

I am using Mozilla FireFox v. 3.5.3, and the problem has been out of control today. A great deal of the hang time when trying to load a page occurs when data is being transferred from the google-analytics.com site or from the yahooese.com (I believe that's the correct site name). I have seen a page "stick" in mid-load while transferring data from those two sites, as well as while it's just "Waiting for sci.rutgers.edu..." for as long as six hours with no progress.

Clicking on the STOP button or PAGE REFRESH buttons do nothing but start the page loading over againn, only to have it get hung up at the same point -- which has usually been after all replies to a post are displayed, but before the reply Text Box and other reply features have loaded.

I was only able to post this by switching to an IE 7 browser (v. 7.0.5730.13, to be specific). So far, it seems to be relatively unaffected by the page load problems I've had with Mozilla FireFox.

As stated in my OP, the CC site is the only site I visit that seems to be affected by these page load issues.

Will send this via PM to Steven Edwards, too, if IE continues to load pages successfully.

Would love to get this resolved -- I despise using IE! Many thanks.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

It's not an issue with my cache or cookies, but thanks for the suggestion, ChinaDoll.

Wise, I appreciate the note and knowing that I'm not alone out here in the wilderness!

I am using Mozilla FireFox v. 3.5.3, and the problem has been out of control today. A great deal of the hang time when trying to load a page occurs when data is being transferred from the google-analytics.com site or from the yahooese.com (I believe that's the correct site name). I have seen a page "stick" in mid-load while transferring data from those two sites, as well as while it's just "Waiting for sci.rutgers.edu..." for as long as six hours with no progress.

Clicking on the STOP button or PAGE REFRESH buttons do nothing but start the page loading over againn, only to have it get hung up at the same point -- which has usually been after all replies to a post are displayed, but before the reply Text Box and other reply features have loaded.

I was only able to post this by switching to an IE 7 browser (v. 7.0.5730.13, to be specific). So far, it seems to be relatively unaffected by the page load problems I've had with Mozilla FireFox.

As stated in my OP, the CC site is the only site I visit that seems to be affected by these page load issues.

Will send this via PM to Steven Edwards, too, if IE continues to load pages successfully.

Would love to get this resolved -- I despise using IE! Many thanks.
    thc,

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that this is a problem that stems from your computer and browser. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about Windows computers to help with any suggestion. While I occasionally get pauses in responses from CareCure, this is usually from my office at Rutgers where connections with almost every site on internet is slow.

The carecure server is now on a dedicated line to internet. When I am contacting carecure from outside, I usually don't get any delay at all. With the old server, it use to take a minute or more for a post to be entered into the database. This no longer happens. There are times when I might have to click a link several times to get it to act on Firefox but I think that this is problem with Firefox.

Regarding Firefox, I am not sure what is going on but the last few versions have made it noticeably slower than Safari.

Wise.

Not sure about that Wise.

I am on a Mac using Safari for the most part, and for awhile I was getting almost the same problem that HC got. I would click, and it would hang, hit refresh and it would load almost immediately for me, so mine is a little different. (I never waited like HC, she's got the patience of Job though I did wait for up to a minute sometimes)

This went on for a couple weeks, but has not been a problem for me for many days now.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

maybe the problem is more technical than we think it is, i for the most part, just registered but visits occasionally to read posts, treatments and whatever things that may help me.

to the technical stuff, there's the bandwidth issue, posting large file images, or anything large in capacity. makes the whole site slow, and maybe your internet connection is slow too, then you'd probably end up in hang, and waiting.

edit: 1 thing i noticed is the compiled GIF files in the 'avatar' section of your profiles. just a thought though. just thinking out loud.
    Last edited by justinredeyes55; 06-28-2010 at 11:19 PM.

It has been slow here on my end too but I just assumed it was the internet connection, we have sattelite internet and it has been raining and blowing here of an evening when I try to get on.