Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wondering how to handle

wondering how to handle

my weekend caregiver this weekend when setting office up got on my computor and signed on to facebook. i am very upset about this . i am going to say something to her she does a pretty good job for me but its to me a trust issue i would no more come into your home and get on your computor without asking or being invited especaially when i am being paid x $ per hr to work not be on facebook

opionions ? i tend to get really pissed

You are perfectly right. Just tell her politely
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

It seems that when you get a good worker and you let them know it, it makes some of them feel like they have carte blanche to your home. Perhaps they are just carrying on work habits that another client had no problem with.

Difficult I know, but you have to set boundaries early. It is a workplace.

I set a windows password so no one can use my pc. I also password protect any real sensitive files with lists of passwords/accounts, etc.

As you do mail/paperwork keep a folder for sensitive garbage. Have it shredded in front of you.

I don't have a dedicated office space in my house. If so, I'd have a lock on the door. So I'm careful with what i leave around.

I trust everyone now not to go thru my stuff. My recent termination nightmare could have been risky in this regard. I may get a hidden cam, trained on my office area just to see if anyone is opening folders, file cabinets, etc.

i was shocked to say the least . the office is 50'away from house i have them take water and clean coffee cups to office. i turn the putors off at night.
    this is the first that i know of simply because of facebook log in had hername in it.

yes i will tell them all its off limits but its hard to check as they can simiply trn on and off

its called honor system

Quote Originally Posted by crags View Post
    I set a windows password so no one can use my pc. I also password protect any real sensitive files with lists of passwords/accounts, etc.
    That is such a violation of privacy, not to mention a form of stealing. That is YOUR time and YOUR money. As said above, I would set those passwords so this does not happen again.

I am sorry this happened. What a thing to deal with, as if you and all of us don't have other things to deal with already.

You people are crazy. The internet has become essential for all jobs at all times. Not wanting someone to use facebook while at work is unreasonable. If she had not logged on to update her status then people would be agonizingly wondering what she is doing. I hope that you at least let her use twitter while she helps with you bowel routine.

-------------------------------------------
    Deadbeat : Gr8
    half a minute ago from web

LayZ : Tru
    1 minute ago from TweetDeck

Deadbeat : Sucess then?
    3 minutes ago from web

BestWebDrugs: Nlrg yor pee nes 2 monstir size! http://tinyurl.com/bbppnnss
    4 minutes ago from DrugPusher

LayZ : Stinky, lol
    5 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Deadbeat : HowZ it going?
    6 minutes ago from web

LayZ : Helping vjls poop
    8 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Deadbeat : Wht R U doing?
    10 minutes ago from web

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    You people are crazy. The internet has become essential for all jobs at all times. Not wanting someone to use facebook while at work is unreasonable. If she had not logged on to update her status then people would be agonizingly wondering what she is doing. I hope that you at least let her use twitter while she helps with you bowel routine.

-------------------------------------------
    Deadbeat : Gr8
    half a minute ago from web

LayZ : Tru
    1 minute ago from TweetDeck

Deadbeat : Sucess then?
    3 minutes ago from web

BestWebDrugs: Nlrg yor pee nes 2 monstir size! http://tinyurl.com/bbppnnss
    4 minutes ago from DrugPusher

LayZ : Stinky, lol
    5 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Deadbeat : HowZ it going?
    6 minutes ago from web

LayZ : Helping vjls poop
    8 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Deadbeat : Wht R U doing?
    10 minutes ago from web
    ROFL LOLZ and LMAO
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

What is in your written agreement of employment (contract) with this person? This is just the type of thing that you should spell out for PCAs when interviewing and agreeing on hiring. Ours spells out when, and if, the PCA has access to the stereo, TV, computer, etc., which parts of the house they have access to (ie, never the bedrooms of other residents or the home office/den, etc. etc.). This goes into the agreement along with their wage, conditions for termination, hours of work, etc. etc. We both sign it and both get copies. It helps to have these conditions set up up-front. Include what they are allowed to do if there is down-time. For example, with my mother's PCAs, it states that IF they are done with all other assigned duties, they are allowed to bring their school books and study as long as they are in the room with my mother so they can respond to her needs. We limit their use of personal cell phones during work to emergencies only as well.

Meanwhile, tell them that this is not allowed, set your rules now, and pass-word protect your computer log-on just in case.

(KLD)

I agree with setting a password on your windows system.

Sometimes David and I would argue and I'd lock him out .. hahahahaha.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12