Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Switching from Vicodin ES to Tramadol

I take the 200mg Ultram ER. one a day and then I have norco for any break through pain. Been on this for a few years and seems to keep things stable for me. Albeit I am never completley pain free but it helps alot.

I hope Raven finds something that works for her. I do find it hard to believe she will find relief on 50mg of ultram after being on vicodin.

Ow!

Feel like I'm dying right now. Went from 10-12 7.5 mg Vicodin ES to 8 50 mg Tramadol two days ago. Yesterday had 2 leave work early 2 come home & sleep 14 hours-thanx 2 20 mg of Valium. I've already taken 4 Tramadol tm along with 600 mg Ibuprofen & 1 soma 250 mg. I am moving so slow, cold, foggy head from valium hangover, back & hips hurt CONstantly. Was trying 2 get off the Vicodin w/out major withdrawals-WOW, what a joke! Having them anyway & I cook @ a very busy famous restaurant. Will this last as long as normal Vicodin wd's??????

Tramadol IS an opiod, but is considered non narcotic. 50mg is way too low, especially after taking vicodin. But people react to different medications differently. For me 200 mg tramadol worked much better than norco or percocet.

for me how I take tramadol makes a big difference. If I took 50 mgs all day, I might as well be taking sugar pills. But 2 doses of 200 mg or 4 doses of 100 mg, and I get some relief.

I started tramadol back in 2001, I still take it with my dilaudid.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

I agree with RDF. If the concern is the tylenol, just take that out and use plain hydrocodone which works for Raven. It is the same thing with Percocet versus oxycodone which is the same thing as percocet but without the tylenol. Hydrocodone can be purchased and prescribed on its own.

raven, died about a year ago, bless her and hope she has relief now . She was a wonderful person that fought hard .
    cauda equina

oops. I am sorry about that, someone resurrected an old thread and I mindlessly responded with blinders on. I did know that Raven passed away. Thanks, metronycguy for the reminder.

My doctor switched me from percocet ( 5 mg 6 times a day) to tramadol (50 mg 6 times a day) yesterday. Since then haven't been far from the toilet. Is the switch causing withdrawal symptoms? I don't think I had a high dosage but I've been taking the percocet for over a year. Any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by beccawfc View Post
    My doctor switched me from percocet ( 5 mg 6 times a day) to tramadol (50 mg 6 times a day) yesterday. Since then haven't been far from the toilet. Is the switch causing withdrawal symptoms? I don't think I had a high dosage but I've been taking the percocet for over a year. Any help is appreciated.
    A common side effect of opiate withdrawal is diarrhea, your doctor is an idiot for not tapering you off the percocet.

Tramadol is not a true opiate but it does act on the opiate receptors in the brain and has been officially moved to Schedule II Opiod Narcotic status according to what i just pulled up on the database,so since the Fentanyl Transdermal Patch is not for patients who have never taken an opiate maybe this is her intro and then she is going to be switched to the 12.5 MCG Fentanyl to start it would seem to be logical but i am not a Doctor if i was we would all have what we need, the respect we deserve, and the Honor of knowing that God did this to us so the rest of the world could keep up with us !! .