Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: travel trailors the toy type

travel trailors the toy type

been thinking of getting 1 of those toy trailors and going cross country looking at the ramp it seems that it would be ideal for wheelchair

anyone ideas

i am a quad c6c7 would have to have an ab go with me

u mean like a classic teardrop?

B

I think he means a 'toy hauler' like this.

I know several people who have modified these for use, including one of my clients who has a C4 ASIA A injury and has used it to travel all over the USA, Mexico and Canada. He has a bed and travel lift in it so it is easy to use. The ramp was modified and a power hoist added to it. Of course you have to have a vehicle powerful enough to haul it.

http://www.newmobility.com/articleVi...28&srch=Travel

(KLD)

I have a couple friends with these. The ramp is pretty steep and the door to the main area was too narrow for my manual chair. One is a motorhome and the other is a fifth wheel. Maybe a trailer is designed different.

i've had one for several years now. i love it! when i'm in my powerchair, i can use the ramp by myself, but i need help in my manual. the only mods we did were to make the bathroom door open wider so there's more room to transfer. i would like to add an electronic winch so i can open the back door by myself.

overall, it's great. i loving having it.

We have 1, which could be modded to be accessible quite easily-EXCEPT that bathroom. It has a step up. To make it accessible you'd have to re-locate the AB entry door and remove the "couch". Then you MIGHT be able to ramp it.

Won't work for me, as the toy hauler is always full of toys! My 4-wheeler atv, hub's go-karts etc.

I can only use it b/c I have some use of my legs. Have to park the chair outside. The bathroom is a bitch! I only go in the camper when I'm at my strongest. Once clc came out to a gokart race and we nearly died of heat, as there was no way to get Carl in the trailer.

I was thinking of having a portable deck like one of these www.sunrisedecks.com to be built but with a ramp on one side.

You might consider looking at this toy hauler

http://dunesports.com/toyhauler_handicap_accessible.php

Its the only TH that has accessible options from factory, that I've found. Talk to Chance, for he has sold these to others in chair. My wife and I are looking real hard to upgrade to this trailer from our modified popup next spring. I like that you can build your own with as many or few options as you want. If you need a lift inside they could probably work with you as well. I use a converted pool lift in popup that could be moved back and forth. GL

Quote Originally Posted by Notwoodward View Post
    i've had one for several years now. i love it! when i'm in my powerchair, i can use the ramp by myself, but i need help in my manual. the only mods we did were to make the bathroom door open wider so there's more room to transfer. i would like to add an electronic winch so i can open the back door by myself.

overall, it's great. i loving having it.
    You have posted about it somewhere here haven;t you?
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

That looks cool. Thanks for the website. Any idea what a typical accessible one might cost?
    Quote Originally Posted by quad80 View Post
    You might consider looking at this toy hauler

http://dunesports.com/toyhauler_handicap_accessible.php

Its the only TH that has accessible options from factory, that I've found. Talk to Chance, for he has sold these to others in chair. My wife and I are looking real hard to upgrade to this trailer from our modified popup next spring. I like that you can build your own with as many or few options as you want. If you need a lift inside they could probably work with you as well. I use a converted pool lift in popup that could be moved back and forth. GL
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!