Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my new $80 roho airhawk cushion

my new $80 roho airhawk cushion

...just showed up. I bought it for use in the car on longer trips, as my stimulite is a little taller than I care to use w/ my "new" car ('05 subaru outback). Rohos allow more immersion & it won't hurt if I come really close to bottoming out. I'm driving w/o cushion right now & my skin has tolerated it fine for a little more than an hour, but I'm starting to feel that longer trips could be risky.

so far all I can tell is that the rubber (or whatever it is) is a little thinner than what's used in the medical versions of roho's cushions, and the cells are a little bigger... but hey, for $80, I figured it was worth a shot.

I'll write more later.

http://www.therohostore.com/Products...AHTRUCKPL.aspx

I like this; I don't ride in a car ften, I drive from my chair, but I'd really like one of these for the odd occasions, thanks for the tip.

Congrat's on the new Subie, welcome to the club.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

I have thought of that as well. I usually don't sit on anything special in the car, as I have a high profile roho, and it is just too high in the car. 2-3 hours is fine, but coming home from vacation this summer it was 5+ hours. After about 4 hours, I had to switch to the w/c cushion despite the awkward height.

WIll definitely be watching to see how it goes.

THe others I was considering are the Mosaic or the LTV, also by roho.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Hmm... well the cushion itself is promising, but I gotta figure out how to transfer onto it. The Outback's seats are a couple inches higher than my chair. While not a difficult transfer, I realized that I scoot myself into position, which pushes the cushion around. The cover has a relatively tacky underside, but my seats are leather. If I could get it to stay put everything would be great.

I'll report back later w/ more photos after I have time to figure out this stupid transfer.

put a seat cover on... that will keep it from having a lip.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    Hmm... well the cushion itself is promising, but I gotta figure out how to transfer onto it. The Outback's seats are a couple inches higher than my chair. While not a difficult transfer, I realized that I scoot myself into position, which pushes the cushion around. The cover has a relatively tacky underside, but my seats are leather. If I could get it to stay put everything would be great.

I'll report back later w/ more photos after I have time to figure out this stupid transfer.
    I have used low profile rohos in the car for several years. I like it best without the cover on it. ( have leather seats also) if I want to fine tune the positoning after transfer it is usually pretty easy to move w/ reduced friction.

Quote Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    put a seat cover on... that will keep it from having a lip.
    That'd help for sure. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by ChesBay View Post
    I have used low profile rohos in the car for several years. I like it best without the cover on it. ( have leather seats also) if I want to fine tune the positoning after transfer it is usually pretty easy to move w/ reduced friction.
    Also a good thought. Thanks.

Try to throw yourself in like the Dukes of Hazzard? Screaming Yeehaw! while doing so should plunk you down squarely on the centre of the seat.

hahaha... if only it were that easy.

Scott,

Regarding:

... which pushes the cushion around ... but my seats are leather ...
    Try placing an appropriately sized sheet of non-slip drawer liner material between the cushion and the leather seat. The material can be purchased for less than $10 per roll at Walmart stores. One brand of the material is called Griptex Wonderliner.

It may be beneficial to permanently affix an area of the material onto the bottom of your car cushion.