Thread: Frog Legs uni-tine fork compatibility

Frog Legs uni-tine fork compatibility

I emailed Sportaid and they said the FrogLegs uni-tine forks are not compatible with the Quickie 2 Lite wheelchair that I will be getting. (I have a Quickie 2 right now that is 8 years old.) Is Frog Legs the only company that make wheelchair forks that have just one side where the wheel caster attaches? I'm mainly looking for a front fork that doesn't look like a plain old standard boring-looking black painte stock wheelchair fork. Is there somewhere else I could look?

call froglegs inc.
    http://www.froglegsinc.com/Contact.html
    ask them if they'll fit

They may be compatible if you get the short wide fork. The same fork is used on the GTi (which has UniTines avaialble).

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/attachm...9&d=1250127447

I think the inner diameter of the bearings used in the newer Quickie forks is different from other manufacturers.

You could always do what totoL1 did and polish your forks...

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post

You could always do what totoL1 did and polish your forks...
    That`s another option, but you need some knowledges and electric tools for do it quick if you don`t have a second chair, i take out the squares and polish them.
    Here`s a pic of them before and now.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    They may be compatible if you get the short wide fork. The same fork is used on the GTi (which has UniTines avaialble).
    Looked at the fork options for the quickie 2 lite and it's too confusing for me. (My injury includes brain dysfunctions... ) Here it is. I'm not sure if I will need the .5 inch stem or the 1 inch stem. The standard housing or the hemi housing. I will ask the person that delivers the chair if they can switch it.

Quote Originally Posted by sam10685 View Post
    Looked at the fork options for the quickie 2 lite and it's too confusing for me. (My injury includes brain dysfunctions... ) Here it is. I'm not sure if I will need the .5 inch stem or the 1 inch stem. The standard housing or the hemi housing. I will ask the person that delivers the chair if they can switch it.
    I looked it over and caster assembly #107560 (in the link above) looks like it will be best. Only I'm not sure if i will want a .5" diameter caster stem or a 1" caster stem for Froglegs Unitine forks. Does anyone out there know?

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    That`s another option, but you need some knowledges and electric tools for do it quick if you don`t have a second chair, i take out the squares and polish them.
    Here`s a pic of them before and now.
    where do you find this tall frog leg ?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

I personally like my blue forks but those things look pretty nice. Are they heavy?

Quote Originally Posted by sowseng View Post
    where do you find this tall frog leg ?
    Came with my gtx because my gtx was ordered with 6" softroll casters, you can see them too in the pics.

btw if somebody want the casters i will give them free because i will never use them again and i`ve got them in my garage, just have to pay shipping by paypal.