Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Frog Legs uni-tine fork compatibility

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Portland OR
    Posts
    457

    Frog Legs uni-tine fork compatibility

    I emailed Sportaid and they said the FrogLegs uni-tine forks are not compatible with the Quickie 2 Lite wheelchair that I will be getting. (I have a Quickie 2 right now that is 8 years old.) Is Frog Legs the only company that make wheelchair forks that have just one side where the wheel caster attaches? I'm mainly looking for a front fork that doesn't look like a plain old standard boring-looking black painte stock wheelchair fork. Is there somewhere else I could look?

  2. #2
    Senior Member beecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    wine country in northern california
    Posts
    201
    call froglegs inc.
    http://www.froglegsinc.com/Contact.html
    ask them if they'll fit

  3. #3
    They may be compatible if you get the short wide fork. The same fork is used on the GTi (which has UniTines avaialble).

    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/attachm...9&d=1250127447

    I think the inner diameter of the bearings used in the newer Quickie forks is different from other manufacturers.

    You could always do what totoL1 did and polish your forks...


  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post

    You could always do what totoL1 did and polish your forks...
    That`s another option, but you need some knowledges and electric tools for do it quick if you don`t have a second chair, i take out the squares and polish them.
    Here`s a pic of them before and now.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Portland OR
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    They may be compatible if you get the short wide fork. The same fork is used on the GTi (which has UniTines avaialble).
    Looked at the fork options for the quickie 2 lite and it's too confusing for me. (My injury includes brain dysfunctions... ) Here it is. I'm not sure if I will need the .5 inch stem or the 1 inch stem. The standard housing or the hemi housing. I will ask the person that delivers the chair if they can switch it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Portland OR
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by sam10685 View Post
    Looked at the fork options for the quickie 2 lite and it's too confusing for me. (My injury includes brain dysfunctions... ) Here it is. I'm not sure if I will need the .5 inch stem or the 1 inch stem. The standard housing or the hemi housing. I will ask the person that delivers the chair if they can switch it.
    I looked it over and caster assembly #107560 (in the link above) looks like it will be best. Only I'm not sure if i will want a .5" diameter caster stem or a 1" caster stem for Froglegs Unitine forks. Does anyone out there know?

  7. #7
    Senior Member sowseng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Posts
    981
    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    That`s another option, but you need some knowledges and electric tools for do it quick if you don`t have a second chair, i take out the squares and polish them.
    Here`s a pic of them before and now.
    where do you find this tall frog leg ?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

  8. #8
    I personally like my blue forks but those things look pretty nice. Are they heavy?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by sowseng View Post
    where do you find this tall frog leg ?
    Came with my gtx because my gtx was ordered with 6" softroll casters, you can see them too in the pics.

    btw if somebody want the casters i will give them free because i will never use them again and i`ve got them in my garage, just have to pay shipping by paypal.

Similar Threads

  1. Frog Leg Fork size?
    By RHyno in forum Equipment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 08:31 AM
  2. frog legs
    By adi chicago in forum Food
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 04:44 PM
  3. Frog Legs
    By Kota in forum Care
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 10:55 AM
  4. frog legs
    By danius in forum Equipment
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-09-2006, 07:42 PM
  5. Frog Legs Uni-Tine Fork
    By JAYCUE in forum Equipment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2006, 05:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •