Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New Facelift for CareCure Forums

My vote goes for using the old front page as well. It's much tougher with voice software to have to go back to the main page and then navigate back to the other forums. Much easier when it was listed all on one page.

Okay, I noodled about it for a while and tried something that might help with the navigation. I put active links for each of the forums in the front page under each category. This allows you to go directly to a forum from the front page. Let me know what you think. Wise.

I like having the active links under categories on the front page. Makes it much easier when using Voice Software. Only complaint is that when you click on the active link, it opens up another window. If you click on the main category and then move to a forum, it stays in the same window. It would be better if it stayed in one window. Having multiple windows open sometimes confuses voice applications.

Maybe it is just me or my set up, but I am still getting source code every time when I click "back". It is happening all over the site today for me.

Carl R, I can change the links so that it does not open into a new window. I have been using the site a lot in recent days and have not gotten code displays. This may be something related to your browser... Let me work on this and come back with some answers. Thanks. Wise.

I still get the code displays too. I use Internet Explorer 6 and I use the Sticky Keys function to issue the keyboard command (Alt + Left Arrow) to go Back rather than the Back button.

phebus, carl, and rtr,

Can I suggest that you switch back to the old interface? Anybody can do that by logging off and then logging back and picking the option of disabling the new interface. Once you do that, the old interface will come back on.

I have been testing the site with three different browsers (Safari, Explorer, and Netscape on a Mac). Safari is much faster (2-3x) than the other two and cannot use the new advanced interface; so I use it with the old interface. Explorer is slightly faster than Netscape when downloading but does not always handle the windows properly (and in fact crashes sometimes on me when I have too many windows open while I am trying to post or edit replies).

Wise.

OK, I have changed the links on the front page so that they do not produce new windows. Wise.

Thanks Dr. Young. Having everything in one window is much nicer. I guess I could go back to the old interface, but I like some of the changes in the new one and it does seem cleaner even with a few glitches. Unfortunately, I will have to stick with Internet explorer simply because IBM ViaVoice software is designed for Internet explorer. I use to use Netscape all the time and liked it much better, but the IBM ViaVoice software will not work well with other browsers and has quite a few short cuts for Internet explorer. I know most people use the dragon software for voice because they were ahead of everyone else a few years ago, but after L&H bought out dragon and went bankrupt. . . The ViaVoice software is now ahead of Dragon , has much better recognition and more features but you are limited to Internet explorer. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Hi Dr. Young:

I would like to talk with you over the phone at your convenience. I sent you an email with my home phone number.

Cheers, Paul aka PN

email add: SSUUSC@aol.com

[This message was edited by PN on 04-04-03 at 04:02 PM.]