Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women with SCI, need your input! ... men, you can help too!

Smile Women with SCI, need your input! ... men, you can help too!

Hello everyone. My name is Kuen (sounds like Quinn) and I answer to anything that sounds close to my name. Being a c6/7 quad for 8 years from a MVA. Just got married to my boyfriend of 11 years last July. We are hoping to start a family soon.

I used carecure a lot when i first got out of the hospital. (thanks Emi2 for suggesting this place) Just returned to this community after 6 years of absence.

My biggest concern for the past 8 years: finding easy accessible comprehensive resources for women with SCI is a pain. for example, I'm reading a 700page book on disabled women and pregnancy for research right now, only 1 in every 20-30 pages is some what relevant. So, I've got funding from CPA and the Rick Hansen Foundation to develop a comprehensive multimedia resource package for women with SCI myself. I'd like to see and hear other women telling their stories.

I just developed a short fill-able pdf survey to hear from other women and get more ideas. Do you have a few minutes to fill this out? Would you be interested in helping with the development of this resource? I'd appreciate it. Please feel free to send this to other women with SCI.

Support me to help other women with SCI. Together, we are stronger.
    Last edited by ChinaDoll; 09-19-2009 at 10:22 PM.
    "Always look at the bright side of life...."

Done! Just so you know, the phone number box is screwy.
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Thanks Emi for bring it up. I'll have to fix the glitch.

what form? I do not see any form...
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

It is impossible for me to answer any of the question because things are so different here that you want believe it. We only have one SCI doctor in the whole country and we go to usual spesialist who don't know anything about SCI.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Hi all, found a glitch and had to fix the form. Uploaded again. Thanks all.

Em, if you don't mind to redo the survey again, I'm very grateful! and thanks for catching the glitch.

Woman from Europe... your situation is exactly what I'm talking about. If a resource like this is available not only to women with SCI but doctors and the public, it will make things easier.

The idea behind the survey for this dvd or video resource is: what do you wish you could find out (fast/easy) when you have questions, or when you were first injured?

I am in the hospital just know, so I don't have my own mailadress, only my daughter's. I can do it when I am out of here in a couple of weeks.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    I am in the hospital just know, so I don't have my own mailadress, only my daughter's. I can do it when I am out of here in a couple of weeks.
    I hope you are doing okay. Take your time. Thank you.

Of course you already know about our sister site, Mobile Women, right?

http://www.mobilewomen.org/

(KLD)

Why can't I come inside in the mobilewomen? Is it only for Americans? I have tried for years, but it is impossible.
    TH 12, 43 years post