Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Man in wheelchair raped

  1. #11
    Yep,my anxiety about being home or out alone just increased even more.How sick.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
    Now that I'm a home owner, I am thinking of some non-lethal methods of self defense.

    I was looking at this,

    http://www.airsocom.com/470501.html (edited for Uzi)


    I don't want to take the chance of killing anyone.

    Thoughts?
    You're not really serious are you? I think you'd be better off going to Walmart and getting a cap gun, at least it'll go BANG, not poof poof poof.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by quad79 View Post
    my anxiety about being home or out alone just increased even more.
    Seriously? People are attacked and killed every single day. Why would this story make you nervous about being at home? I have not once been assaulted in the 22 yrs that I have had a disability, but I was before my accident. All kinds of things make people susceptible to assault. Frankly, I'm surprised that a stranger would rape someone who uses a chair. Considering how everyone assumes that the disabled are viewed as asexual by AB people.

    C.

  4. #14
    The disabled are viewed as asexual in that apparently the population doesn't have sexual wants or needs, not that they don't share the same human anatomy as able-bodied people. As horrible as it sounds, the rapist needed an orifice and he found it.

    This isn't the first time I've heard or read of a disabled person being sexually assaulted.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by KiranA View Post
    The disabled are viewed as asexual in that apparently the population doesn't have sexual wants or needs, not that they don't share the same human anatomy as able-bodied people.
    Actually, many years ago, I ran into more than one person that thought that a woman with a SCI would be physically incapable of having intercourse. Weird, but true.

    This isn't the first time I've heard or read of a disabled person being sexually assaulted.
    I wouldn't expect that it would be the first time. Elderly woman are raped far too often, why not a man who uses a wheelchair?

    On a side note: Not that I don't believe that this man was assaulted, but doesn't it seem odd that he had a "caregiver" with him, but that he could use the restroom by himself? Not just that, but he supposedly got back into his wheelchair after being dumped to the floor and got himself together enough to hide from her that he was assaulted. So why did he need a caregiver with him if he could dress himself, use the restroom and do a floor to chair transfer? Just curious.

    C.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing View Post
    On a side note: Not that I don't believe that this man was assaulted, but doesn't it seem odd that he had a "caregiver" with him, but that he could use the restroom by himself? Not just that, but he supposedly got back into his wheelchair after being dumped to the floor and got himself together enough to hide from her that he was assaulted. So why did he need a caregiver with him if he could dress himself, use the restroom and do a floor to chair transfer? Just curious.

    C.
    I do a floor to chair transfer, dress myself, pee in a restroom by myself and have a caregiver that is with me a lot of times. It is not a crime!
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

    All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

    Why be politically correct when you can be right!

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I do a floor to chair transfer, dress myself, pee in a restroom by myself and have a caregiver that is with me a lot of times.
    Pardon my ignorance, but if you can do all of that on your own, what can't you do that you need a caregiver for?

    It is not a crime!
    Who said it was?

    C.

  8. #18
    [QUOTE=Tiger Racing;1113474]Pardon my ignorance, but if you can do all of that on your own, what can't you do that you need a caregiver for?

    I am a C4-C5-C6 quad who can't walk or do most things like any other quad. My caregiver is my wife and we do/go most things/places together. I hope that is legal or ok?!
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

    All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

    Why be politically correct when you can be right!

  9. #19
    Grocery shopping is a logical place to bring a care giver. Reaching high items, lifting heavy items, pushing the cart, carrying the bags to and from the car.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I hope that is legal or ok?!
    Oh fer pity's sake...

    C.

Similar Threads

  1. Woman Raped 200 times...
    By WheelieMike in forum Life
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 10:46 PM
  2. BLIND GIRL RAPED IN NYC SUBWAY..
    By michaelm in forum General News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-19-2005, 09:43 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2002, 07:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •