Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Computers:Q&A

Computers:Q&A

There are some very knowledgeable people on this forum who may be able to answer questions regarding video-cards, voice recognition software, shutdown problems with Windows, upgrading from Windows 95, 98, ME to XP, flat-panel monitors, Athlon versus Pentium, anti-virus software, deleting files, etc.

Scorpion: I would like to know what voice recognition software are you using and will it work with Instant Messages?

PN

Wow, Paul. Good thing you don't have to depend on me for those answers...you'd be in trouble...lol

I'd love to hear what everybody has to say about your topics.

Melissa

Life is a lesson you learn when you're through.

I don't use Voice Recognition software. I have VoiceExpress but haven't installed it on this computer.

By the way, I have an Athlon 1.3ghz with 512MB RAM, an ATI Radeon Video Card with 64MB RAM, a 19" monitor and WindowsXP.

What questions do you have specifically? I upgraded from Windows98 to XP, and it wasn't simple, but it wasn't rocket science either. The main problem is, some hardware isn't compatible. But I like XP. It's a nice upgrade. It's not quite as cool-looking as the new MacOSX though.

~Rus

"Life's a bitch, but I love her."

Originally posted by PN:

There are some very knowledgeable people on this forum who may be able to answer questions regarding video-cards, voice recognition software, shutdown problems with Windows, upgrading from Windows 95, 98, ME to XP, flat-panel monitors, Athlon versus Pentium, anti-virus software, deleting files, etc.

PN
    Do you have a specific question?

NOEL:

At the present time both of my PC's are working very well. However, others may have problems and need solutions.

Melissa:

When your in school studying I'll be contacting you and so will others when we got stuck with some esoteric PC problem.

PN

ADDENDUM

Scorpion and Noel:

It is good to know that you two are available to help others who may have computer problems.

Thanks,

PN

Computers

PN - Now we have a quest so we all can chat! Good idea asking the computer people how to do it.

RUS- I have this image of you sitting in computer command central...I have a laptop Toshiba 1 gigasomething with a bunch of other stuff. All I know is that it goes where I go. Oh and it is black. Well you said I should post...

Melissa, Hi nice to meet you.:-)

Mary the almost nurse who is graduating in 8 weeks!!

I'm still running OS/2. I'm in the market for new parts - case, motherboard, memory, Athlon 1700 XP+. Might even try Windows one day.

Mary:

Try this on your home PC: go to "start" and then click on the "Run." In the Open: box type "msinfo32" (without the quotes) and then click OK. Windows will then display The System Information window where you can really take a "walk about" view of your system.

PN

Alan:

If you get yourself a copy of System Commander you can run multiple operating systems on one PC.
    You can run OS/2, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows XP, etc.

PN

http://www.v-com.com/product/sc2_ind.html