Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Showerchair for travel / flying

Best Showerchair for travel / flying

I also need info on what is the best showerchair/ toilet chair to travel / fly with?

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico

Thumbs up

Here ya go: www.GoesAnywhere.com The absolute BEST!

and yes, I AM THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY, before anybody has a freakin' heart attack!!

If you need any more info, don't hesitate to ask me.

r
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Also check out these products. They have been in business for many years, and also are produced by people who use wheelchairs themselves:

www.nuprodx.com

(KLD)

Sissy,

I recently bought the combination shower chair/ toilet seat from-http://www.nuprodx.com/

It is very well made, packs into a small case, is easy to assemble and will last for years.

The Nuprodx chair is super nice. You're going to pay a pretty penny though. Assembly and disassembly is quick and easy. I was able to talk my girlfriend through the process in only about 20 minutes. Now she can do it in five. It's not light and it's not cheap but super high quality.

Again, not to knock the competition as Nuprodx does manufacture very nice chairs, but the Go-Anywhere Chairs are half the price, are lighter, have less parts and require ZERO tools to assemble and disassemble.
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions

Sissy,

Go with the Nuprodx.

I have the Nuprodx 3000tx and LOVE IT!!! It is super lightweight, compact and easy to use. The engineering and construction is second to none. I think its a little more than the Goesanywhere one, but worth it. I've had mine for almost 2 1/2 years, using it nearly every day and have never had an issue with it. I weigh 225lbs, too. There is more than enough room in the case they provide, to put a change of clothes and two days of bowel care supplies along with the chair itself. And its only 9"x9"x18"

I've popped it on my lap and taken into many Targets and Wal-marts when traveling. I can put mine together, clean myself out, disassemble and repack in fifteen minutes. Ok- the goesanywhere may not need a "tool", but that "tool" is a simple allen wrench. Something most of us gimps have to carry with us anyway.....

I LOVE IT!!!!

Dave
    Dave

We are looking at the Nuprodx 3000tx but my fiance has a question about the bowel care part. Do any of you have the opening to the side and are you able to reach around the bar that is infront of the opening without problem. He is very concerned that the bar will get in the way. When i watched them put it together it looked like you can have it without the back, so it would look like the bathroom chair he already uses, so we could turn it to the side but again he is worried about that bar. Does it get in the way?

The opening can be used in any direction, with or w/o the the backrest and/or arm rests. I've never had an issue with the bar, but I'm partial to an opening at the back.

If you're going to travel w/it, spring for the leg offset thingy. Its $100 more, and it spreads or narrows two of the legs 3". I ran into two hotels with wall mounted commodes. Wall mounts are very wide at the back and commode chairs dont normally fit over them. After pooping in the trashcans I bought the offsets. lol I've never had to use them to narrow the chair, like if it had to be placed in a skinny bathtub.

It is expensive, but its an amazing chair and one of the best investments I've made in my SCI career.

Dave
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Herco16 View Post
    Ok- the goesanywhere may not need a "tool", but that "tool" is a simple allen wrench. Something most of us gimps have to carry with us anyway.....

I LOVE IT!!!!

Dave
    Even more significant than not needing any tools to assemble or disassemble is the amount of time it takes and the ease in which these tasks may be accomplished. You don't even need instructions with the Go-Anywhere Chairs and they can be snapped together in just a minute-or-two.

r
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions