Thread: Massachusetts spinal cord injury awareness day

Massachusetts spinal cord injury awareness day

Join us at the State House for the Annual SCI Awareness Month Proclamation and Presentation

SPINAL CORD INJURY AWARENESS DAY
    SEPTEMBER 16, 2009
    12:00-1:00 PM
    MASSACHUSETTS STATE HOUSE
    GARDNER AUDITORIUM

A COLLABORATION OF MASSACHUSETTS REHABILITATION FACILITIES, CONSUMER ORGANIZATIONS, LEGISLATORS, POLICY MAKERS, AND ADVOCATES WORKING TOWARDS A COMMON GOAL TO INCREASE FUNDING AVAILABLE FOR SPINAL CORD INJURY CURE RESEARCH IN MASSACHUSETTS.

The program will include Massachusetts State Representatives and representatives from the Office of Governor Deval Patrick together with the National Spinal Cord Injury Association, Boston Medical Center, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, Braintree Rehabilitation Hospital, the Department of Public Health, the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation, the Paralyzed Veterans Association, the Travis Roy Foundation, the Harvard Stem Cell Institute, and recipients of the grants of the SCI Research Trust Fund.
    The SCI Fund was established in 2003 to provide funding opportunities for SCI research in Massachusetts. To date $450,000 has been allocated to this fund. Your input and ideas are needed to generate other funding sources for the Massachusetts SCI Fund.

Please join us at the State House to show your support and educate lawmakers and the public about SCI.

For more information contact Eric J. Ruby, M.D., Massachusetts Walks Again
    docruby22@yahoo.com or fax 508-823-7044
    For handicap parking and access contact: Carl Richardson: 617-727-1100 ext 35502

I'll be there. Anyone going?

Chaz, I'll be there, drove up yesterday.

Could you please tell me how it went?

I'm not sure. After calling the ADA coordinator at the Statehouse and a hearing that parking and traffic would be a nightmare because of some movie production and set -- I decided to pass. so I am interested as well.

Day went well, great turnout.
    I'm looking for my notes so I can summarize.