Thread: Hysterectomy and colostomy

Hysterectomy and colostomy

If a person is having a laprascopic colostomy surgery, would it be easy to do a hysterectomy at the same time?

two different dr's.

My gf had her hysterectomy and a tummy tuck at the same time. Dr's consulted etc. You'd have to check w/ the docs.

You may only want a partial hysterectomy too.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

That is pretty extensive surgery and they may not want to do it all laporoscopically but you could ask.
    CWO

Shannon,
    I have been having the same thoughts as you. Why not do two surgeries at once? I am meeting with a general surgeon later this month to discuss a colostomy. I wouldn't be surprised if he recommended the deadly "open-surgery" versus laparoscopic surgery, hence why I might push for a hysterectomy.

I hope you get what you want! Good luck with your surgery.

Peggy

I wouldn't count on this one Shannon. Playing with bowel stuff has the potential to let lose a lot of bacteria. Most surgeons are game on dual surgeries but not when one concerns the bowel. And he's more likely to stick with the lap route that way too. Just a heads up. Had a friend who was AB have similiar ideas.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I asked my doc. He said it would be a possiblity, but we would have to postpone the colostomy surgery and I decided I didn't want to do that. Oh well.