Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Sport do you or would like to play?

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaDoll View Post
    Hey Emi, the Rugby guys asked about you the other day.
    tell them hi!
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

I won't dare try rugby now...knowing me I'd get hooked and that's all I need, something else to take up my time! LOL! Seriously though, would LOVE to try downhill skiing...I used to ski when I was a teenager and miss it! The other thing I'd like to give a go is horse back riding...used to do 100km. endurance runs and rode with the Ecuadorean cavalry for a while (long story)...though I doubt it would be possible to ride without the leg control...at least not like I used to (walking around in circles is NOT riding, IMO).

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing View Post
    I was an equestrian before my accident and I road race now.

One of the things that I like about motorsport is that with equal equipment, disability* and gender are irrelevant.

C.

* I do realize that there is a limit to that.
    road race? i wanna... TR, what level and how do u do it? I'd like to try NASCAR... anyone willing to lend me their million dollar race car?
    "Always look at the bright side of life...."

road race? i wanna... TR, what level and how do u do it? I'd like to try NASCAR... anyone willing to lend me their million dollar race car?
    Not all race cars cost a million dollars. In fact, just about any street legal vehicle can be taken to the track with a number of different car groups. Auto crossing is a great way to get into racing, too.

Currently I run a supercharged Mustang in club racing, but the car was originally built to run in SCCA Pro Racing's World Challenge GT class. We never got the car fully sorted at that time, so I was pretty much a back marker in the pro series, but I don't see any shame in losing to guys like Andy Pilgrim, Max Papis and Derek Bell.

C.

Ballroom dancing if I were able-bodied.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    Ballroom dancing if I were able-bodied.
    u can still ballroom....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhDxTcw0AZs
    "Always look at the bright side of life...."

It's not quite the same. However, I've found a passion in linguistics, which only requires an articulate tongue and bright mind to master.

Sailing. And it was a spectacular season. Scored my first hardware:

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    Sailing. And it was a spectacular season. Scored my first hardware
    Cool. Congrats!

C.

I look forward to skiiing/boarding again. I used to be fairly advanced preinjury and I'm hoping some of my prior experience will prepare me to give it an adaptive go this winter. My hats off to anyone who currently participates.
    Last edited by Chaz19; 09-27-2009 at 07:24 PM. Reason: (whoops, I'm not a mobile woman -- judging by the topic I thought it was the recreation, sport board. My bad.)