Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Sport do you or would like to play?

I recently went kayaking a couple of times. It felt great ... and except for a little balance issues, it was the same as pre injury. (I am t7-8).

Only problem is I need someone to guide my transfer into it, and it is a 2 person job to get me out of the kayak.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423 View Post
    I recently went kayaking a couple of times. It felt great ... and except for a little balance issues, it was the same as pre injury. (I am t7-8).

Only problem is I need someone to guide my transfer into it, and it is a 2 person job to get me out of the kayak.
    I have tried kayaking...but my issue is that I cannot seem to go straight...I always veer to the right. Guess my left arm is stronger than my right.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

I enjoyed rugby, before kids - now I'd love to get a cross-country ski setup and a handcycle so I could do it with my kids. Too expensive though...
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Quote Originally Posted by Emi2 View Post
    I enjoyed rugby, before kids - now I'd love to get a cross-country ski setup and a handcycle so I could do it with my kids. Too expensive though...
    Hey Emi, the Rugby guys asked about you the other day.
    "Always look at the bright side of life...."

skiing would love to go back bowling lol i carried 164 ave rodeoing i really miss that

would like to buy a toy hauler i think that would be a niffty way to sightsee the county

I've road raced, did my open dive for SCUBA, I like tennis as I don't need much help getting ready.(C6 complete)

Quad rugby scares me...and skiing...nope too cold for this quad.

Handcycling is my next endeavor, but I need help getting in/out that I find it frustrating.

I'd like to sail if i could find the $$ and time.

I just surfed this past weekend for the first time since standing. Atlantic taste the same. I may do this again.

I was the only woman...:-(
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Snow skiing has been my best sport, but I live in the wrong part of the country for fresh powder. Still, there is nothing like it. Skiing is the only time I have felt free: of slowness; of physically struggling; of being so self-conscious; free of my body. Ever. In my entire life. Reading what I've just written lets me know I need to make it happen more often.

I went hang gliding with another pilot on bar. Talk about a cerebral sport! That's funny to me because I was rendered monosyllabic post-flying. The only thing my then b/f and I could say for two days after catching wind and sky was, "Wow ..."

H2o skiing is a blast. I participated in an h2o ski clinic about fifteen months ago. As long as I live in a city where one is held (and my health cooperates at ski time), it'll be an annual event for me.

Fishing is something I enjoy and yes, I'm categorizing it as a sport because it involves nature, equipment, my body, movement, thinking about how to use my body and equipment to catch fish. November will be my month this year for saltwater fishing.

I like jet skiing, but fall off a lot. Friends have to scoop me from the h2o and put me back on the machine. Thank goodness for kill switches, PFDs and patient friends.

Miss Liz, hope there are more women surfing with you next time. Somehow I think someone, maybe even you, will perfect that post wave hair flip.

I've gone surfing a few times. I really want to get involved in wheelchair tennis and kayaking. My friend wants me to play basketball as well. Next step is trying to get a sports chair!
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

football. i miss going every saturday morning to play tackle football with my friends. i miss the soreness the next day.
    C-5, 6 SCI. Took about 6 months to walk. Walking full time. Without any assistance since Nov. 2003 and will make a full recovery

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaDoll View Post
    What type of sport do you do? or would like to do?
    Does mixing cocktails count as a sport? No? OK, then the only sports I've ever been interested in have been horses and cars. I was an equestrian before my accident and I road race now.

One of the things that I like about motorsport is that with equal equipment, disability* and gender are irrelevant.

C.

* I do realize that there is a limit to that.