Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Sport do you or would like to play?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What Sport do you or would like to play?

Hello everyone. I've been a quad for 8 years and always talked about trying different wheelchair sport. The key word is "talked" but never did. I just had the opportunity to try out Quad Rugby today and it was awesome. I'm hooked! I wish more woman would do "the typical guys" sport out there.

Something in sport we need to "boo" them is:
    Women gets an extra half point handicap for being a woman on a team. (rugby) boooo!

What type of sport do you do? or would like to do?
    "Always look at the bright side of life...."

I would love to try skiing! (umm, on the hill ... with the snow ... lol)
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I've done, archery. basketbll. volleyball, track field, scuba,tennis, ping pong, handcycling, gangball.

Been in a chair 36 years and still handcycle 60 miles a week, work out three times a week, ride an FES bike 2x's a week,stand in the easystand and workout at home.

Lol China, Congrats, it is a great sport. I remember when Duncan Campbell started what was then called Murderball in Manitoba Canada. It was mostly comprised of quads who were ex hockey players. They all came out in their old team jerseys with their teeth out. No rules at all back then, was even a few fights. they played in the old E&J folders. No ridgids back then.

Its good that you get an extra 1/2 point off. that mens you can be an awesome player at 1/2 point down and that allows your team to put a higher point person.

Are you playing in Edmonton or Calgary. Both have some great teams. Way to go, it will become a part of your life.

I play (and start on) an all mens wheelchair basketball team...and I get to play one class lower than what I am classified at. That only helps my team...because then they can have more points on the floor if I am playing.

I have also played sled hockey, wheelchair tennis, done track and field, handcycling, and water skiing. I love sports (if you could not tell).
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Wow, that's great. I think I'm going to try rugby for the Edmonton team. What level of SCI is everyone at?

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaDoll View Post
    Wow, that's great. I think I'm going to try rugby for the Edmonton team. What level of SCI is everyone at?
    Functioning at T-10.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

I would like to ski too, but the equipment cost more than 10 000 dollars and it is not possible to buy it used. And I am not sure if the AB skiers would like me in the ski track, they are angry on dogs and children there
    TH 12, 43 years post

I think I'm going to try cross country ski this winter. We have a disabled ski rental place here in Edmonton.

You are going to like it, it is so much fun and so hard to go uphills so you have to be strong and it is so fun downhills.
    TH 12, 43 years post