Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visit Ireland

Visit Ireland

Hi any of you who wish to visit Ireland..should do so now as we are having good weather with sunshine and blue sky for at least the next 4 days....Yippee. It is meant to reach 20 degrees today finally some heat. We have just had the worst wettest august since 1837 and it was sooooo depressing..rain rain and more rain.

So by the end of next week anyone travelling I suggest you bring wellington boots umbrella and good rain gear...as for me i am off out to look at the sun in case I don't see it again for awhile!!!

Hi Muriel!
    I'm coming back in the spring. Keep some of that good weather for my visit! If it makes you feel any better it was a monsoon here yesterday. A friend and I are casually scanning cottages in Cork again, or maybe Galway, we haven't picked anything for sure yet. To have green that vivid calls for rain, even if it is the soft Irish mist!

I am jelouse. We have sunshine too but the next day it is going to be around 10 degrees. The fall is for sure here. And there hasn't been any summer except one week in June.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Three shit Summers in a row in Northern Europe, I'm seriously considering emigration or accelerating global warming!

I havn't been home the two last summers, but I did wish for a hot fall so I could sit out in the sunshine enjoying my coffee or a beer.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    ........ but I did wish for a hot fall so I could sit out in the sunshine enjoying my coffee or a beer.
    You and me both Bente!

I am so bored, nothing to do except forum and tv. What kind of life is that?

And a thirdteen year old who is bored and cranky because he is in the puberty.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by Muriel View Post
    Hi any of you who wish to visit Ireland..should do so now as we are having good weather with sunshine and blue sky for at least the next 4 days....Yippee.
    I would LOVE to come visit you Muriel ! If only.. it's that money thing again.

I am going to Maastricht next July. I hope my travel after that will be to your beautiful country. I will come see you, and I will do the BallyK tour as well. Then I pop over to the UK so I can do the All Creatures/James Harriot tour too.

yesterday was just such a beautiful day clear sky and lovely heat but the best thing was the difference it makes to my legs....they don't feel as horrible and painful, today looks like its going to be just as good...long may it last...everyone is in such good form when the sun shines.

Eileen if your heading this way be sure to call, but I reckon by then it will be the big turf fire and maybe a drop of the old poteen to keep you warm...

symkat if your this way then you may finally get to see kilnascully or even father ted...both good for a laugh

Muriel, when I know the dates and final location of our rental cottage I will definitely give you a call! It would be great to meet a fellow CC'er! We are thinking April at this point. Just the thoughts of a roaring turf fire makes me smile!