Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dealing w/ the smell of SP

I had somewhat of the same issue. I made bags (using soaker pads with Velcro) to carry my urine bag in. this minimizes the smell other people might have an issue with. my urine bags are washed everyday with antibacterial soap, few drops of vinegar + water and a good shake. I switch between 3 bags a week, 2 night bags (change once a month) and 1 leg bag (every 15 days). I also drink apple cider vinegar and take 2 cranberry pills everyday. This seems to work.
    oh yeah... my bag's bags are different color to match my cloth and they are washed once a week.

hope this helps.
    "Always look at the bright side of life...."

I am going to try alternating bags every other day and extra cleaning, but the smelly pee will definitely need antibiotics. I still wish I had of chose a different method though. I hate having sacks of pee on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffie View Post
    I still wish I had of chose a different method though. I hate having sacks of pee on me.
    How long have you had your sp? I've had mine for about 4 years, tried to plug it or kink it to not carry a pee bag all the time doesn't work any more. my bladder can hold 50cc before AD and leaks. Im booked to get botox injection in Feb/10 to lower pressure, hopefully it will give me the ability to plug it sometimes no bag is needed.
    "Always look at the bright side of life...."