Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: TiLIte CAD

  1. #1

    TiLIte CAD

    If you can see this, I hope I can get it to post... What do you think? Am I missing anything? Anything better I should do? Perhaps this is a dumb question. These are the exact measurements of my old chair except the old chair had a 5" caster. Shouldn't moving to a 4" caster change the measurements a bit?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.


    Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

  2. #2
    I don't thnk this is clear enough
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.


    Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

  3. #3
    no, it just changes the hole u put caster in.

    only thing is maybe the xtra inch after the seat, tilite starts the bend sooner than most companies
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

  4. #4
    My chair now is a quickie
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.


    Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

  5. #5
    I don't even see why it would change the hole for the caster, they will build the chair intentionally for the desired tire/caster size. In other words, the tube coming off the front legs that the casters mount to will be different depending on the caster size you chose.

    A good point is brought up in that TiLite starts their bend in the legs of their chair sooner than Quickie does, so the chair will be shorter and you may either want to change your center of gravity, which is adjustable with the ZRa you have chosen, or select the option to add an extra inch to the chair to keep the same footprint as your Quickie.
    Here is a thread where SCI_OTR shows this, he has posted some others also where he actually shows a Quickie and a TiLite. Either search the archives or maybe he can post them. I just have this one on file...
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=93283
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    I don't even see why it would change the hole for the caster, they will build the chair intentionally for the desired tire/caster size. In other words, the tube coming off the front legs that the casters mount to will be different depending on the caster size you chose.
    I agree. You provide the front seat height and caster size and the manufacture will build the front tubes accordingly.
    Last edited by LooseCannon; 09-10-2009 at 08:45 PM.

  7. #7
    So what is the proper way to measure front seat height?

    Are you saying if I don't add an extra inch my feet will be tucked further under me?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.


    Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

  8. #8
    you could try and do what november did (i think) and take a side-on picture of your own chair and then compare the two

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by addiesue View Post
    So what is the proper way to measure front seat height?

    Are you saying if I don't add an extra inch my feet will be tucked further under me?
    To measure your front seat height, measure from the floor to the front seat upholstry. Be sure to measure at the edge of the chair, as the upholstry will sag in the middle.

    That is correct, your feet will be closer in on a TiLite than a Quickie, given the same degree front.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    To measure your front seat height, measure from the floor to the front seat upholstry. Be sure to measure at the edge of the chair, as the upholstry will sag in the middle.

    That is correct, your feet will be closer in on a TiLite than a Quickie, given the same degree front.
    actually, on the zr (and zra) youre supposed to measure from the floor to the top of the seat tube at the begining of the bend - that will be slightly higher than the upholstery.

    addiesue, all the directions for each measurement are on the order form pdfs at tilite.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •