Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what's the best wheelchair?

what's the best wheelchair?

tilite? invacare? quickie? what are people's experiences with these different chairs....my husband has had a quickie, but we're thinking about getting one of these titanium tilite chairs (like: http://www.spinlife.com/Kuschall-Ult...roductID=77891 )....is it better? worth it?

thanks
    “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” -- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I like the Küshall better than the Quickie, but I have a chair who is mixed between the K4 and the Airlight Pro. I did sit there when they were putting it together.
    TH 12, 43 years post

The best Kuschall is the KSL http://www.kueschall.ch/en/The_KS_1277.aspx

But my favorite is Tilite ZR

tilite or colours. quickie is shit
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

i use a kuschall airlite since 3,5 years .and have 5 frameparts allready renewed and 6 and 7 are underway .by now i know what the problem is .my handbike !!! i dont have an adopter on my chair my handbike uses 2clamps that are screwed on the 2 frameparts .thats why it bends .at least thats what i think .now oneof the front wheels doesnt touch the ground anymore

kushall isnt bad no falling of frameparts rolls good .but if your a heavy person .i wouldnt recommend it (my weight was 230 pnds .now 175)because the frame is of aluminum .that makes it eazy to bend .

but to take it in your car sitting and riding its a fine chair .
    for me the nextone i trie to get a tlite zr .is same frame model but from titanuim so i think its more solid and doesnt bend that fast

this is the site where my handbike is on to see what kind of system i use http://www.stricker-handbikes.de/hom...handbikes.html

I've had a Quickie TI for the last 7 years and I am replacing it with a TiLite ZR. I would definitely get a titanium chair - titanium has give so it is a much smoother ride and it is so much lighter in weight. TiLite is becoming the leader in titanium chairs, and their chairs have more options available than the Quickie. What I don't like about the Quickie is the folding back mechanism is weak and the axle plates are huge - they hang down too low and catch on everything when I get in and out of the car. I am speaking about a rigid frame chair; it looks like you are looking at a folding chair. I think the rigid chairs are superior - have you considered one or do you feel you require a folding chair??

can you put your rigid fram chair in the car yourself?

the reason we're looking for a folding chair is so my husband can put it in the car himself when he's driving - is that possible with the other, rigid frame chair?
    “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” -- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

it's totally possible, and likely easier. he'll just have to pop the wheels off. it's an extra step, but well worth the extra few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by symmetry View Post
    the reason we're looking for a folding chair is so my husband can put it in the car himself when he's driving - is that possible with the other, rigid frame chair?
    I also think it might be easier, especially if he gets a light weight chair. I drive a 2 door car because the doors are bigger and you have more room to work. I pop off the wheels and put them in the back behind the passenger seat. Then I lean the driver's seat to a reclining position, grab the chair frame and pass it over me to the passenger's seat. I am a C5 and this is not hard for me to do.

Have you guys/girls seen the Marvel chairs? It's light, supper adjustable and easy to take apart. Once they put tippers on, I'd like to get one 4sure.

http://www.marvelwheelchairs.com/
    "Always look at the bright side of life...."