Thread: Space A Travel

Space A Travel

I know in the past 100% service connected vets were not able to fly space a. There has been some litigation to this. Has anyone heard anything about it?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisstultz View Post
    I know in the past 100% service connected vets were not able to fly space a. There has been some litigation to this. Has anyone heard anything about it?
    I know a couple years ago, the 110th Congress flirted with the idea. H.R. 4071, The Disabled Veterans Right to Commissaries and Space Available Travel Act would have given 100% service-connected vets commissary/exchange and space-A status had it passed. However, it didn't and died due to lack of interest despite being previously proposed in an earlier session of Congress as well. Congressional sessions last for two years, and all proposed bills and resolutions that do not pass are cleared from the books. At best, all we can hope is that someone will reintroduce the bill under a new number in this current session.

If you have a Blue ID, you can fly space A. Did it myself, so I know.

I think the guys without a Blue ID are still SOL, but write an email to your congressman. Include your full contact information and a paragraph about how this would help a lot of people, not just you. They have people on their staff that will read every email and give calls to the people who submit ideas that may be introduced as bills.
    Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.