Thread: toilet bidet combo info

toilet bidet combo info

Anybody have any recommendations for a toilet bidet combo for a c5/6 complete male quad.

Did you want to purchase a whole new toilet like a Toto toilet with a built in bidet unit, or just a bidet toilet seat? Do you plan to sit directly on the toilet or use a commode chair or raised toilet seat on the toilet? All that makes a difference in which type and model you choose.

(KLD)

I have a C-5, ASIA D, incomplete injury. However, when I came home from the hospital one year ago, I was much more disabled than I am now and was unable to wipe myself independently. We bought a Kohler bidet seat for $1200. There were cheaper ones, starting around $600, but we liked all the features of the model we bought. The seat is wonderful. It has a front spray (useful for women) and a back spray. The sprays can be adjusted to hit more frontwards or backwards. There are three adjustments for force of the spray. There is also an adjustment to make the spray pulsate or oscillate. There are buttons for making the water warm, the seat warm, a nightlight, etc. All of these features are controlled by buttons on a remote control which can be wall mounted on an included plate. The toilet seat did not require anything special other than an outlet. At first, we used a long extension cord, but eventually we had an outlet installed. We have the toilet seat installed on a standard toilet.

Although I have improved enough to not require the bidet seat, I greatly miss it when we travel. Even my husband prefers to use it. He recently had a colonoscopy and surgery and he found the seat to be indispensable during the "prep" that is required to empty the bowel.

Has anyone that uses a rolling shower/toilet chair ever tried using it on a toilet with an add on bidet?