Thread: Wheel Chair's Tip's & Tricks

Wheel Chair's Tip's & Tricks

For a long time I've been wanting to shoot the breeze about wheelchair Ideas ... Calling it Tips & Tricks

Some of us like myself are innovative .
    I am a serious Motorcycle enthusiests and Love modifying and customizing . Raking you name it I like it and attempt it I've built some radical choppers

What Adjustments or ideeas have you done to your wheelchair ?
    Wheels ?
    Camber ?
    Seating ?

I do lots of self modifications and I am currently working on a sport Camber idea for wheelchairs ... Gonna take me some time but if I manage this right I will try developing a Very variable Camber rear wheel Bracket of my own concept .Being I am very athletic
    Right now this is one of my thing's on my work desk in Draft .

Lets share ideas and stuff
    It will be fun
    Thank you
    Gypsylady

I hope to hear some good feedback Youre all the best ...

Great idea. I've done a few minor things to my chair. When I figure out how to post a picture, I will put them in here (I'm referring to the kind of mods that don't cost money).
    I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

i have been trying to come up with ideas to make my own cushion. i bottom out everyone! i'm 6 foot and only weigh 115 to 120 i know skin and bones! so what i'm thinking so far is get my hands on a tempurpedic bed or maybe just some memory foam pad and use the jay gel. think it will work?
    Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

Hey, Cripple4life

I've done some DIY upholstery work and I can tell you that the best cushion is not going to be memory foam. Even the brand name tempurpedic pillows squash flat permanently after constant use. I would recommend finding out what foam a local physical therapist uses for thier patients to try standing on for balance training. That stuff is serious! I'd also recommend making the cushion cover just a teensy bit smaller than the foam itself. Why? Because otherwise the cover is going to slip and slide over the foam like nobody's business.

Hi I used to have a good sewing machine lol but lost it im a bad relationship ... I have been using a 16' gel seat pad it holds up and is comfy
    Tip's n Tricks
    Working on my elec beater suspension it's kool I moved my rear tilt axle wheels 2'in Back and now I can drive it up a very steep short ramp into a office ... the chair used to feel like it would tip back now it dont . also I prob will be possibly making the rear wheel a single floater to try out . In the Future maybe this winter get some 1 inch square tubing making a new frame from scratch and moving the seat more back possibly a slide car style base . for balance and comfort . As it is now the seat is dead centered over the mid Drive wheels and has no adjustment ... it's a old elec chair ... a beater good work horse ....
    The stock suspension stinks very bland and no frills ...

Still messing around on my drawing table axle brakets for manual one WC

I want it to be simple and light .
    Got alot in my mind and on the drawing table so far the elec chair rear wheel mod made a huge difference on the scout ...Just by moving them back 2 inches ...