Thread: urinate difficult with roho, easy with jay

urinate difficult with roho, easy with jay

how do you explain? urine flows without problem (into condom, no catheter) when a friend of mine is sitting on his jay active, but when he uses a roho low profile urine flows slowly, accompanied by sweating. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Antonio

I suspect your friend is on the skinny side, with not much buttocks, right? We have seen this same pattern for a number of men who reflex void, where they cannot void at all, or only with high pressures (which is causing his autonomic dysreflexia when voiding) when in the sitting position in their chair.

Our urologists account for this by saying that some men have a "regular straw" urethra, rather than a "bendy straw", and so when they sit they are actually crimping off the urethra. It would appear that this is more of a problem for your friend when sitting on the Roho than the Jay. The solution would be to use the Jay cushion. Alternatively, reclining (not just tilting) to void may take care of this problem, but we have a few men who actually need to transfer back to bed to void.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I suspect your friend is on the skinny side, with not much buttocks, right?
    (KLD)
    Yes, he is very skinny.
    Thanks for the explanation and for the advice.
    God bless you

Antonio

i have the same problem. i sit on a roho cushion and have sweating problems if my roho is pumped too high and i pee, but if it's pumped too low it can cause skin problems. i have never sat on any other cushion and i'm curious if it would help my sweating go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
    how do you explain? urine flows without problem (into condom, no catheter) when a friend of mine is sitting on his jay active, but when he uses a roho low profile urine flows slowly, accompanied by sweating. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Antonio
    In the old days (before last December <sigh>), when ! was reflex voiding, I had the same problem you desribe when I tried a low profile Roho. High profile, no problem.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

what is the difference between the low profile and the high? i think i sit on a high.

A low profile Roho has shorter air cells than a high profile.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

What's the best model Jay cushion for bony buttocks?