Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attn: Quickie 646SE Users

Attn: Quickie 646SE Users

Could I appeal to a kind soul 646se user to post some pics of your wheelchair?

Online all I see is tbe same Sunrise pic. I demoed it a while back but can't remember how it looks exactly. I have to move my ass and get ordering. Of all the demo's, I like the 646se 7the best.... Still feel I'm settling though. Tried essentially every RWD chair on the market and a mid and front too.

Pics would be awesome. Thanks gang.

It's the same as a 626 as far as appearance so you should be able to come up with some pics on google image or ebay. I have one but never took any pics of it. For a powerchair, they're one of the better looking ones, in my opinion.

Cowboycrip,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOrW5bAyn1I

Here is a link to a quickie 646 demo on youtube. You can see it in various angles!

Best,
    Engineermom2

I have a 646 that I haven't used in years. I wonder if that would be better to drive around then the TDX-4. I truly do enjoy my manual chair but I think I need a backup power chair these days.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

I have a 646SE that I really like. Plenty of speed and handled very nicely. Sorry, no pictures in my computer. I think it is one of the better looking rear wheel drive chairs as well.

From the Sunrise Image Library....

Quote Originally Posted by Bspill1 View Post
    I have a 646SE that I really like. Plenty of speed and handled very nicely. Sorry, no pictures in my computer. I think it is one of the better looking rear wheel drive chairs as well.
    Thank you all!

Bspill1, How long have you had the chair? Holding up well w/ no problems? I agree with you about the looks, speed and handling.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    From the Sunrise Image Library....

These are the images I found online too. A rear view is hard to find.

May I ask you a question SCI_OTR?

On the 646se order form it lists 90 degree swing away leg rests with the caveat that they can only be used w/ the kids flip up footplate. Obviously we know this is because the front casters would hit the adult footplate upon rotation.

Do your contacts have an image(s) of kids flip up footplate? Can I use the kid size footplate?

I really like the idea of min. chair length (w/ 90 degree) and, frankly, the adult footplates are larger than need be. I sit with my feet together and have about 2" on either side of the footrest. I am 6 feet tall so the legrest length def. extends into the castor area.

Cowboy Crip, I too am trying to keep my front to back lenth minimal so I can get into rooms in my house. Heres what I found: Go to the quickie rep and ask if you can get tapered front hangers. This will allow the front end angle to be a bit tighter and yet still give those front casters rooms to swing without catching the footplates. Of couse foot plates help, I am going with AL adjustable foot plates as they can be slide more rearward whereas the plastic footplates have no such adjustment.

I think the issue with the 90degree hanger/kids footplate is hitting the front cast wheel rather severely (you would have to have very short legs i think for this to not interfere. So please consider some alturnative and talk to your Quickie rep about what he recommends for alternatives!!

Good luck,
    Engineermom2

Quote Originally Posted by engineermom2 View Post
    Cowboy Crip, I too am trying to keep my front to back lenth minimal so I can get into rooms in my house. Heres what I found: Go to the quickie rep and ask if you can get tapered front hangers. This will allow the front end angle to be a bit tighter and yet still give those front casters rooms to swing without catching the footplates. Of couse foot plates help, I am going with AL adjustable foot plates as they can be slide more rearward whereas the plastic footplates have no such adjustment.

I think the issue with the 90degree hanger/kids footplate is hitting the front cast wheel rather severely (you would have to have very short legs i think for this to not interfere. So please consider some alturnative and talk to your Quickie rep about what he recommends for alternatives!!

Good luck,
    Engineermom2
    Hey there!

Thanks for the input. The only options on the order form of the 646 are 70 and 90 degree hangers.

I agree with you - tapered hangers should be the default option for all wheelchairs. This simple idea, as you note, improves manuverability big time!

I know the p222 se comes with fixed, tapered hangers and 70 and 90 swing away - but not tapered. And I know Pride R4000 Had tapered hangers.

Are you (or have you) getting swing away, tapered on your new p222se? Is it an, "ask nicley" and they will do it for you kind of option?

To answer your question, it is a "go through a knowledgeable Sunrise Rep" ask nicely and directly and they should be able to tell you their Quickie Specialized department can do it. Mine is not on the order form either(75 degree tapered and swing-away). Keep it in mine it is a fairly straight forward solution. I'm not sure of the up-charge however, things like this have been done for others in the past!

In short, I would talk to your rep, see if its doable in your instance with your personal measurements (a.k.a. your needed extension tube length) and if so, get it in writing that this is required before it gets submitted for reimbursement! Quickie is a pretty good company to deal with!

Best,
    Engineermom2