Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adequate Cushion

Smile Adequate Cushion

Guys, I have had a Roho Quadtro Select Low Profile for 6 years. Then, had to buy another one with which I had no luck...didn´t last 6 months.
    i d like to have indications of a good one which may have good protection for pressure sores, provides good stability and don´t "fold" during transfer and, mainly, that has not inflation system.
    I was wondering if this one is good stuff.

http://www.sportaid.com/xcart/jay-xt...r-cushion.html

Could you help? I have a friend who is going to the USA next Sunday and can bring it to me, so I must read your indications as soon as possible, ok?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by omeleteman; 09-01-2009 at 08:42 PM.

Sorry if I posted it in the wrong place. If it fits better in equipment topics, please, someone move it.

You should probably do what you can to get a eating evaluation. They put you on a pressure mapping mad which tell them where you have high-pressure spots. Most of the time you can do this somewhere where they have a lot of different cushions so you can try a bunch of different kind to determine which one will work best for you.For me, the Roho is perfect and nothing else works well because I've had so much surgery on my bottom. Usually it's a physical therapist that does it. Good luck getting it done.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

my pt kept pushing jay but i'm 6 foot and 120 pounds so i bottom out everything i switched to roho quadtro first one lasted a year and a half then the left back went flat order another it only lasted 9 months when the right back went flat. so i'm never getting a roho again! i just order a otto bock comforT. it's going to be here thursday. i'll let you know how it does.
    Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

omeleteman,

There is a relatively new type of air cushion that
    ... provides good stability and don´t "fold" during transfer ...
    and, according to the manufacturer, compares favorably with a Roho.
    Do a Google search for
    "Vicair Adjuster Air"
    for information about one alternative.

The Jay cushion that you have referenced should - generally - provide equal or better
    ... protection for pressure sores ...
    when compared to the
    ... Roho Quadtro Select Low Profile ...
    that you used for six years. This comparison is based upon the condition that both cushions (the Roho and Jay cushions that you have referenced) maintain their associated optimal characteristics for your particular physique, and that you use them identically (e.g., the same number of hours per day, the same "boosting" or pressure-relieving schedule and technique, etc.).

I tried Roho, Jay and Supracor.
    My favorite is Supracor, i`ve got a Stimulite sport.

Si eres un ilegales, a continuación, ningún problema, pero si usted vive en América la sit en periódico con una porquer*a Toro - que es lo que llamo shit sobre shit:

Quote Originally Posted by Hunker View Post
    Si eres un ilegales, a continuación, ningún problema, pero si usted vive en América la sit en periódico con una porquer*a Toro - que es lo que llamo shit sobre shit:

Hunker, i live in Spain and i`m spaniard and don`t use more the google translator because that what you said don`t make sense, i don`t understand that.
    If you want to tell something in spanish tell me it in english and it will be better.

Unfortunately, here in Brazil we haven't got these kind of tests to check points of pressure.
    We barely have access to good products. That´s why I' m asking for your help because, as I wrote, I got a friend who is going to the USA next Sunday, so that he can bring it to me.
    I´ll check those that some of you indicated but I realy would like to have a non inflation system one cause my last Roho leaked very easily.
    Hugs.

I've used a Jay 2 cushion for 23 years, with no problems. My current cushion is probably close to 7 or 8 years old, and still holding up well.

Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!