Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transmission Problem With Chrysler Minivan

Angry Transmission Problem With Chrysler Minivan

I’ve had terrible with my 2008 Chrysler Minivan. It is less then a year old with only 15,000 miles the transmission has gone out twice! The first time in May 2008 with a little over 11,000 miles it was rebuilt. Now with just 4000 miles later it’s broken down again. This time they are replacing the transmission, and the down time will be over three weeks.

With a C6 injury I have to do car transfers, not a very handy thing too do for over three weeks.

Sorry to hear your luck. I have 41k on my 2003 Chrysler van with no prob.

Pat

www.gofreewheel.com

little hint for those who have had and those who do not need to have them ,
    #1 as a rule of thumb ALWAYS use your "E-BRAKE" or parking brake first put it into neutral 2nd set the parking or E-brake then finally put the car into park in that order this will allow all of us to avoid unnecessary 2500 dollar repair bills to the tranny in our cars.

#2 if you find it hard to set it every time at LEAST bare minimum when parking on a incline or hill slope.

Interesting... is there a weak point involving putting it into park? Is there an upgrade? Recall?

Pat

www.gofreewheel.com

no, it's just that constantly jamming or maybe not even slamming it just putting it into park and out of park especially while on an incline puts A LOT of stress on the tranny so ALWAYS use the security brake. If you pay attention when you pull it out of park a lot of times if your on a hill it will not shift easy, that's the tranny chewing on first gear and unfortunately that gear is also connected with reverse.

P.S. it is that way on every vehicle on the road today at least the cars and anything that doesn't involve a CDL to drive. lol

I don't quite understand the need to use the parking brake on an incline. In order to shift the car into drive, you need to depress the brake. By depressing the brake, I would assume that you are relieving any stressors on the tranny. Perhaps the problem encountered is the new 6 speed transmission now offered, as opposed to the more standard 4 speed.
    I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

Chrysler minivans are known to have transmission issues, although occurances are typically every 85000-90000 miles or so. I wonder if lemon laws apply here.

BTW, learning to transfer frequently will be beneficial in the long run, IMO. You'll get used to it.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by patd View Post
    Sorry to hear your luck. I have 41k on my 2003 Chrysler van with no prob.

Pat

www.gofreewheel.com
    Hi Pat,
    2003 was a long time ago. I use to recommend Chrysler Minivans, but not any more. My 08 has the new 4.0 L with 6 speed auto.
    The service manager said whey don’t have many problems with them, but my transmission was on national backorder. Then when it came in there were a few transmissions ahead of mine. This is at a small dealer with only four mechanics.
    When you read between the lines it makes me wonder. What Is Going On?

Quote Originally Posted by petemancw View Post
    little hint for those who have had and those who do not need to have them ,
    #1 as a rule of thumb ALWAYS use your "E-BRAKE" or parking brake first put it into neutral 2nd set the parking or E-brake then finally put the car into park in that order this will allow all of us to avoid unnecessary 2500 dollar repair bills to the tranny in our cars.

#2 if you find it hard to set it every time at LEAST bare minimum when parking on a incline or hill slope.
    I have never heard of such a thing. You should never have to use you e-brake with a automatic transmission in a manual yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    injecting is way better for your body. but imo opinion its the only safe way