Thread: Sore back

Sore back

I've had a really sore back now for the past couple of years and it seems like lately it's gotten much worse. Percocets kind of help with it but I don't have enough to take all day and all night. I don't know what to do about this. It's really driving me nuts and causes a lot of anxiety and It's really bothering me and slowing everything down. I'll sit up to eat and by the time I'm done eating, my back hurts so bad I have to lay right back down. It feels really good to get a massage although I know I'm not supposed to be able to feel anything down there. Anybody have any suggestions on what to do about this? it even hurts to lay flat.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

c-5,6 complete.its only on my right side. from lower back down my leg to big toe.i want to say siatica? i sleep in one posistion eight a night without moveing i dont know

Hi Ryan,
    Sorry you are hurting. Have you ever taken Tramadol? I use it for pain management and it is fairly effective at preventing the levels from getting intolerable.

I've never tried tramadol but I have a really really high tolerance for pain medication after having Dilaudid in my pump for a couple of years. I think it's just feeling coming back in my lower back. The main problem I have with doing weight shifts straightforward is it's good thing way back in my chair so I still have to lean over to the side so I'm not so straight up. Oh well, I guess I just have to live with it. I do take naproxen for an arthritic hip but it doesn't do any good for my back. The Percocet kind of help but not nearly as much as I wish they did, and there the 10/325 kind, the strong ones.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Same thing here Ryan,it sucks.I take tramadol too,but I'm going to need to move on.I just hate narcotics & the way they make me feel.

Things that do help a bit..

*massages getting out all knots in your muscles.Kinda painful,but the end result leaves you good for a couple days.My friend uses a technique around the base of my skull too.She says all the muscles & nerves get crazy from holding your 12 lb head up all day which affects your whole spine.

*Biofreeze.It's like Icy Hot w/o the burn & strong odor.

*I switched to everthing tempurpedic.That helped some.The pillow is awesome,worth the cost.I do notice I have to fluff my pillow & turn it over every coupe days or else it f's my alignment or something.My bed also does an all over vibrate that helps my whole body relax.

Good luck.I'm offering this advice while in horrible pain.Idt there will ever be a fix.