Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New muscles firing! YEAH!!!

New muscles firing! YEAH!!!

Today, we took our son to a new PT. Long story, but he started college and we can't make the drive from Houston to Austin 3x week now. Anyway, during the exam, he found his left hamstring was firing, left quad faint, but there. Right ham and quad, faint but there!

AND... I ran my thumbnail up the bottom of his foot and he felt it. These are all new returns so we ae very excited today and we've really been needing "a win"!

He's continuing to walk well with his HKAFO's and he can lift his foot from the floor to the footplate of his chair!
    FAITH: Is not believing God can, but knowing he will.

That's awsome. How long has it been since his accident and what is his level of injury. Every new muscle movement is progress. Great to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithful1990 View Post
    Today, we took our son to a new PT. Long story, but he started college and we can't make the drive from Houston to Austin 3x week now. Anyway, during the exam, he found his left hamstring was firing, left quad faint, but there. Right ham and quad, faint but there!

AND... I ran my thumbnail up the bottom of his foot and he felt it. These are all new returns so we ae very excited today and we've really been needing "a win"!

He's continuing to walk well with his HKAFO's and he can lift his foot from the floor to the footplate of his chair!
    I don't know how far out you son is on his injury but I will be 3 yrs on Oct 30 and my gains are still comming and actually some things are changing more rapidly now than in the first 1.5 yrs keep pushing/praying and try to be satisfied where you are today because tommorrow brings new hope. I have trouble with that statement myself from time to time,but it does get easier Good Luck, Craig

That is great news. Every little gain you get makes life easier. I hope the return motivates him to keep on working hard. Good luck....

warchi81: Our son is 18yrs. old, T-12 ASIA Complete, 9 months post. We are pretty determined all ready and any sign of return definately motivates us more.
    FAITH: Is not believing God can, but knowing he will.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithful1990 View Post
    warchi81: Our son is 18yrs. old, T-12 ASIA Complete, 9 months post. We are pretty determined all ready and any sign of return definately motivates us more.
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's wonderful news!

awesome news!! that's great!
    I have more to claim.
    I have to fight through the hard places
    to go and get it!

most recent video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHLEinnhYtg

Lifting his foot is a great sign and good for future improvements. God Bless and all those who participate on this forum.

Fabulous news. Keep up the hard work.
    Ugh, I've been kissed by a dog!
    Get some hot water, get some iodine ...
    -- Lucy VanPelt