Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Swollen Left Testicle

Eww me either but when it comes to the soldiers I try my best to protect them.

One day I'm sittin and visitin with my dad and brother out in the country and all the sudden I'm sweatin, fever, chills out of no where. I keep telling em' its nothing, no worry, it'll go away, kink in the catheter, a obnoxious fart. Who knew that the artery my testicle is hung from decided to tie itself in a not and cut off all the blood flow. Never in my wildest thought did I know your testicle was capable of that.

Sleep well after that, and see a doc in the morning.

Cheers.

-Chris
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by omeleteman View Post
    I did blood, urine and ultrasonography tests and urologist diagnosed orchitis.
    He put me on 2 Cipro (500mg each) for 10 days, profenid suppositories, and "heat" with warm water bags locally 3 times a day.
    I had already started Cipro yesterday but nothing changed, worse...I got fever now.
    Thanks everyone who answered for the help. Thanks God it was nothing more serious.

Nurse, one question:
    Is it possible that I got this because of past recurrent episodes of cellulitis?
    I am treating this with profilaxy of penincilin every other 7 days.
    My leg is ok for the past 6 months but is it possible that same bacteria chose other place than the leg to go?
    I was submitted to nasopharingeal swab (NPS) and armpits swab microbiological exams lately and both were NEGATIVE as a result.
    How is everything working out or is anything working out?

Quote Originally Posted by GoTWHeeLs View Post
    when it comes to the soldiers I try my best to protect them.

-Chris
    Dead solders don't fight

Hah, they still have their war stories...
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Hi Old timer.
    I have no fever any longer and now, 7 days after antibiotictherapy with Cipro, local heat and treatment, testicle is getting smaller. Doctor told me it can take 30 days to get to normal size.
    I get back to work tomorrow. Hope never having this again.
    Thanks for help.

Glad to hear everything is okay

My Myspace

I just would like anyone (Nurse?) to confirm if doctor is right when says that swollen testicle, although other symptoms are gone, may take that long (up to 30 days) to get to normal size.
    Is that so?
    Thanks.

So was it actually your testy that was swollen or was it the epididymis which is the junk that connects to the testy. I just finished up 10 days of Cipro due to swollen right soldier. It was epididymitis and orchitis. The swelling has gone down to mostly normal feeling now. I go back for pee check on Wednesday to see if UTI is gone.
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by omeleteman View Post
    I just would like anyone (Nurse?) to confirm if doctor is right when says that swollen testicle, although other symptoms are gone, may take that long (up to 30 days) to get to normal size.
    Is that so?
    Thanks.
    Yes, it can take 30 days or longer for the swelling to go down. It is sometimes difficult to tell if it is orchitis or epididymitis. The treatment is pretty much the same.

(KLD)

Glad to hear everything is going well. Hang tough