Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: C5 ASIA B-Incomplete

In the approval process to have her moved before the weekend!! Yeah!! Will be moving to Baylor and see how it goes. My SIL says she is going to continue looking at other facilities, may fly out and look at Craig, and consider going there if Baylor does not work out well. The insurance case manager said she believes Craig has an apartment complex where the patients may stay and do therapy as out-patient but be right there close? Does anyone know about this? I saw on their website that they have a parent facility but assumed that was just for parents of in-patient rehabs. Her insurance would pay an unlimited amount of days if she could be out-patient so that would be good for her.

Haven't been to Craig, but I did see that they have the apartment like facilities as a means to help the patient learn to become more independent e.g., cooking, laundry, etc.. plus time with family members.
    FAITH: Is not believing God can, but knowing he will.

twnzmom,

Craig would be an excellent choice!

The gentleman injured in the collaspe of the Cowboy's facility asked about FES bikes, Lokomats, etc., at Baylor (they don't have them) and while they do a good rehab for strokes, etc., the needs and potential you describe here require additional equipment available at Craig and other sci facilities. Please go to where you can receive therapy using specific sci knowledge and skills and specialty equipment which promotes recovery.

Insurance money can disappear quickly- it is important to see, experience and really plug-in to available sci resources which lead to a healthier and happier recovery.

Best of luck!

PMR residents know nothing. I know as I was once one. Go to Craig's or Sheppard or Kessler...

Quote Originally Posted by twnzmom View Post
    The insurance case manager said she believes Craig has an apartment complex where the patients may stay and do therapy as out-patient but be right there close? Does anyone know about this? I saw on their website that they have a parent facility but assumed that was just for parents of in-patient rehabs. Her insurance would pay an unlimited amount of days if she could be out-patient so that would be good for her.
    Yes, Craig has apartments. I stayed in them last spring for a re-eval. They are located just east of the hospital. Door-to-door they're about 50' apart but then you need to go through the hospitals east wing to get to the old main building. They are for either out-patients or family. The apartments are all setup for independent living with kitchens, etc. There was about a 4 month lead time for re-evals, but I don't know how soon you can get in one in your circumstance, much quicker I'm sure.