Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: using electro on my muscles

using electro on my muscles

guys
    does anyone knows if using electro on my leg muscules to makes them stronger( i am c5 inc) any positives or negatives
    many thanks

Hi, I've been doing FES (functional electrical stimulation) for more than 5 years now. I'm a C6/7 quad. i absolutely love it and I think its the best thing ever. i started with stim, then bike and i've been doing FES rowing for over 3 years. When u look for stimulator, becareful, cuz not all are strong enough and you should get a doc to okay it first. If you want more info, feel free to e-mail me.
    "Always look at the bright side of life...."

http://www.ualberta.ca/~publicas/folio/44/02/07.html

here is a link to an article about FES rowing and me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaDoll View Post
    Hi, I've been doing FES (functional electrical stimulation) for more than 5 years now. I'm a C6/7 quad. i absolutely love it and I think its the best thing ever. i started with stim, then bike and i've been doing FES rowing for over 3 years. When u look for stimulator, becareful, cuz not all are strong enough and you should get a doc to okay it first. If you want more info, feel free to e-mail me.
    This is a great new option for getting the benefits of FES. I presently use a StimMaster Galaxy bike so I'll stick with that, but it appears that the FES rowing offers a more intense form of cardiovascular exercise and may be more potent in treating/reversing the effects of osteoporosis.

China,

Do you do any for of e-stim for your abs? If yes, please describe your regimen and results.

I am totally into FES rowing. For a quad being able to work up a heart rate of 133 or higher is pretty great (the most I've gotten from arm bike was 110). It's because rowing is a full body workout. My arms are huge from doing it and legs looks pretty much the same as 8 years ago (b4 accident). I row about 2100 meters per session and feels great.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post

Do you do any for of e-stim for your abs? If yes, please describe your regimen and results.

I do not do e-stim on my abs, do you? however, since I started rowing, i went from doing 0 lb ab crunches to doing 40 lb in 3-4 years.

I am totally into FES rowing. For a quad being able to work up a heart rate of 133 or higher is pretty great (the most I've gotten from arm bike was 110). It's because rowing is a full body workout. My arms are huge from doing it and legs looks pretty much the same as 8 years ago (b4 accident). I row about 2100 meters per session and feels great.

Where did you get your rower? How much do they cost complete with FES?

I do not do e-stim on my abs, do you? however, since I started rowing, i went from doing 0 lb ab crunches to doing 40 lb in 3-4 years.
    I don't e-stim my abs, though with the right unit I might. As for doing crunches, as a T4 complete that's not in the cards for me. But like most everyone else around here, I would be thrilled to tighten up my waistline.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post

Where did you get your rower? How much do they cost complete with FES?

I don't have a rower myself cuz FES rowing is still in the research stage (at least the stimulator is). I go to a gym at the university and they have it there. I'm planing to apply for funding to have one setup at home.

I don't e-stim my abs, though with the right unit I might. As for doing crunches, as a T4 complete that's not in the cards for me. But like most everyone else around here, I would be thrilled to tighten up my waistline.
    me #3489888 on the list for a smaller waistline. even though I am without stomach muscles, been able to use a machine to do crunches is great. May I ask, why can't u do it at T4, don't you have more stomach muscles than me?

me #3489888 on the list for a smaller waistline. even though I am without stomach muscles, been able to use a machine to do crunches is great. May I ask, why can't u do it at T4, don't you have more stomach muscles than me?
    Why no abs for me? It's either cuz I'm a lazy bastard or because innervation to the abdominals begins at T8. Your call.

I have to assume that you're incomplete or you've "become" incomplete. A pure/complete C-level injury has no ab function.

guys guys i was talking about electro on your weak muscles, the ones you link it to your body not the FES , i use now normal machines and everything is groing but not my triceps so the question is will the electro help to shape up and give the muscules a good puch?
    thank you so much guys

I would say yes. The EMS machine that I use will build muscle mass but it's not necessarily functional.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com