Thread: PIE and peristeen=

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

PIE and peristeen=

i cant get the title bat to fill it for some reason, but here is the deal
    peristeeen abd pie results for those of us that spends our lives trying too get the pooh out the the our ass. has the peristeen worked? i have used the PIE abpit 3 times , with no evacuation., than i got a bad uti. most likely from bad sanitary and too much spalsh back in the toilet. the wipes we use every day for cathing are not good enough for fecal back splash, i learned.
    i need to get a trasfer benck, one that will fold doon to not take up the whole
    cauda equina

I am not sure what you are asking.
    CKF

Peristeen isn't available in the U.S, if you mean what I think. They never cleared the fda. I looked at it, it's like whoa expensive imo.

Good luck.

Is in in the process of clearing the FDA, or it was simply turned down? I saw a website from coloplast offering the unit, I could not identify a price though. It seems to do the same thing as PIE but looks smaller and more functional. It would be great if it worked as advertised.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

It is maybe not working the first time but it is working after a few times. It is working on me.

Beth, I have asked for the bag but hasn't got it yet
    TH 12, 43 years post

Paramoto, here it is costing about 200 dollars a month if you change the catheter every time, means 15 catheters.

I have a lot of utis but it hasn't been worse with the Peristeen.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by metronycguy View Post
    i cant get the title bat to fill it for some reason, but here is the deal
    peristeeen abd pie results for those of us that spends our lives trying too get the pooh out the the our ass. has the peristeen worked? i have used the PIE abpit 3 times , with no evacuation., than i got a bad uti. most likely from bad sanitary and too much spalsh back in the toilet. the wipes we use every day for cathing are not good enough for fecal back splash, i learned.
    i need to get a trasfer benck, one that will fold doon to not take up the whole
    wow, i remember starting this thread, but didnt reslize my speeling etc was so bad, have to check the time, at night i use a recline chair , and i havent quite got the layout worked out for a keyboard, so i use a online keyboard, and since i cant get the good spell check to work , it is disastrous.
    peristeen vs PIE ,

peristeen is shown over the toilet, PIE can also be used that way, but i have found laying down in enema left side position will give a much better result. problem is waste control then. in my other thread . i explin the problems i am having with speculum getting clogged.
    going too try it again.

seems many of the people in europe using the peristeen consider it hands down better than digital stim.
    when i tell non injured people about bowel care they cannot beleive that we are stuck with digital stim , there has to be a better way.
    in m y case digital stim or manually evacaution does not work.
    cauda equina