Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swollen Left Testicle

Cool Swollen Left Testicle

I went to shower this afternoon and felt many spasms when touching testicle to wash myself, but only tonight, sth around 4 hours afterwards, I saw my left testicle is swollen.
    I searched something about it in the internet, and saw it can be torsion, epididimitys, or sth else.
    I have no fever.
    Going to the hospital is dangerous here in Brazil these days due to the great cases of people with Swine Flu.
    Is it possible that it gets better tomorrow because I may have splet with testicle pressed between legs? I usually check but I dont remind having it cheked last night....
    Should I take Cipro if this goes on tomorrow? I realy would like to avoid going to the hospital to check it.
    Thanks for helping.

Most likely epididimitys. You need to get this treated as an emergency or you could lose the testicle or worse. Cipro may work, but I would only try to do that without a doctor's diagnosis out of desperation. This is a problem for a urologist. Get to one now if you can, or an emergency room. From experience, I can tell you, every hour counts. I have seen testicles as big as an orange.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I lost a testicle because I had no idea what was causing the AD and blew off the going to the doctor. I highly recommend getting treated. Wish I had seen your post sooner, best wishes.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Concur with the above. I would tell you that you need to be seen asap. Am not sure what time of the day it is now, but don't wait too long. Try to see a physician who isn't in the ED, if the swine flu is a concern.

CKF

Im in hospital doing exams. Hope to get better soon. Thank you all. Give news asap

I did blood, urine and ultrasonography tests and urologist diagnosed orchitis.
    He put me on 2 Cipro (500mg each) for 10 days, profenid suppositories, and "heat" with warm water bags locally 3 times a day.
    I had already started Cipro yesterday but nothing changed, worse...I got fever now.
    Thanks everyone who answered for the help. Thanks God it was nothing more serious.

Nurse, one question:
    Is it possible that I got this because of past recurrent episodes of cellulitis?
    I am treating this with profilaxy of penincilin every other 7 days.
    My leg is ok for the past 6 months but is it possible that same bacteria chose other place than the leg to go?
    I was submitted to nasopharingeal swab (NPS) and armpits swab microbiological exams lately and both were NEGATIVE as a result.

Most likely the bacteria came from your urine.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

You guys are scaring the crap out of me. This has been going on since last winter but I have no sensation, fever, chills, urine color/oder changes etc. Will go in tomorrow and see what they say.
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

Swollen testy for that long?
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by GoTWHeeLs View Post
    Swollen testy for that long?
    Yes, I don't have much faith in Dr.'s
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!