Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Vick

I wonder how many other felons in Philly, who can't play football, are getting second chances after they leave prison? He wasn't signed to give him a second chance, he was signed because the Eagles' brass thought he could help them win more games.

Vick is sorry he got caught. We'll see if he becomes the pro-animal person he says he'll be.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Coleen View Post
    Sorry, but there's differences between hunting/killing ducks, deer for food & hunting for sport & torturing & killing animals. He may have done his time, but he shouldn't profit by getting paid a huge salary playing pro sports. I hear Burger king is looking for help.
    Just my opinion, of course.
    Whats the difference between hunting for sport and torturing and killing animals? According to your logic, a dog's life is more precious than a deer or duck. Please enlighten me, because I think people who hunt for SPORT are hypocrites for condemning Mike, but that doesn't surprise me because I heard stories dogs were saved ahead of people during Katrina.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    I'm torn. Yes, he does deserve mercy and I agree that hunting for sport is just as fucked up. I also don't believe Vick is necessarily an evil man, but who was perhaps a bit naïve about what he was doing. Some people just lack common sense and mature empathy to fully understand their actions, especially over an issue with animals, as we have witnessed people in this very thread express such lack of empathy.
    Mike is typical of a young man from the ghetto who in order to prove they are not selling out, end up running with the wrong crowd. Like I said in my previous post. I know Mike personally. I also know the majority of the guys involved in the incident as well as many more of his friends. Mike is a good guy at heart. He allowed himself to be manipulated by some really bad dudes. Many people who have casted aspersions on Mike have no idea who the real Mike Vick is. I remember in the fall of 2004 a friend of ours had passed away. At the time I was living in New York. Mike sent for me to come to Virginia so I could attend the funeral. He paid for my transportation and my lodging. Once in Virginia, he asked me how my finances were and I told him not to good. He proceeded to give me 5000 dollars. Thats the type of person Mike is. Keep in mind Mike is not a close friend of mine. He actually is a close friend of my younger cousin for I am 6 years older than they, but he grew up respecting me because I was somewhat of a celebrity in our neighborhood back then, but I digress. Mike's tragic flaw was keeping the company he kept. He actually was intimated by some of the guys in his entourage . This is very prominent with many guys that come from the ghetto and end up making it big. I personally know a few more guys like that. I have no doubts Mike will be a model citizen. I also know that Mike has jettisoned himself from all negative people.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Vick has had his butt kissed his entire life. I am sure he got everything handed to him free of charge. He thinks that he can do no wrong and has that, I am better than everyone else attitude. He doesn't give a shit and only said the correct things so he can go back to being a millionaire and have everybody kissing his butt again.

His being reinstated is ridiculous and incredibly wrong.

I grew up in the ghetto and know people just like him.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by semajh7 View Post
    Mike is typical of a young man from the ghetto who in order to prove they are not selling out, end up running with the wrong crowd. Like I said in my previous post. I know Mike personally. I also know the majority of the guys involved in the incident as well as many more of his friends. Mike is a good guy at heart. He allowed himself to be manipulated by some really bad dudes. Many people who have casted aspersions on Mike have no idea who the real Mike Vick is. I remember in the fall of 2004 a friend of ours had passed away. At the time I was living in New York. Mike sent for me to come to Virginia so I could attend the funeral. He paid for my transportation and my lodging. Once in Virginia, he asked me how my finances were and I told him not to good. He proceeded to give me 5000 dollars. Thats the type of person Mike is. Keep in mind Mike is not a close friend of mine. He actually is a close friend of my younger cousin for I am 6 years older than they, but he grew up respecting me because I was somewhat of a celebrity in our neighborhood back then, but I digress. Mike's tragic flaw was keeping the company he kept. He actually was intimated by some of the guys in his entourage . This is very prominent with many guys that come from the ghetto and end up making it big. I personally know a few more guys like that. I have no doubts Mike will be a model citizen. I also know that Mike has jettisoned himself from all negative people.

Since you like to label people Christian hipocrites, I thought I'd share something from the Satanic Bible...."Responsibility to the responsible."

Growing up as a member of an economically disadvantaged minority is no excuse for a lack of concern for living creatures.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Quote Originally Posted by Danine View Post

Since you like to label people Christian hipocrites, I thought I'd share something from the Satanic Bible...."Responsibility to the responsible."

Growing up as a member of an economically disadvantaged minority is no excuse for a lack of concern for living creatures.
    im glad to see that your so perfect. Im willing to bet you see nothing wrong with hunting for sport.

Quote Originally Posted by forestranger52 View Post
    Vick has had his butt kissed his entire life. I am sure he got everything handed to him free of charge. He thinks that he can do no wrong and has that, I am better than everyone else attitude. He doesn't give a shit and only said the correct things so he can go back to being a millionaire and have everybody kissing his butt again.

His being reinstated is ridiculous and incredibly wrong.

I grew up in the ghetto and know people just like him.
    You knowing people just like him means what to me. I know HIM, and I know that he is none of the things you ASSUME him to be.
    I grew up IN the ghetto and I know firsthand that there many different types of personalities that come from the ghetto. So you can save your stereotypes. What you can do is direct some of that anger towards people who arm up and go kill innocent animals for sport all the time.
    But I do understand human behavior. Many people find reasons to condemn other people to make them feel better about themselves
    Last edited by semajh7; 08-15-2009 at 07:52 PM.

Hunting for sport is just as bad, not the same, but not good either. I guess I didn't quite make myself clear on that - if you're hunting to eat, ok, but I still oppose killing animals, unless that's the only food you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Coleen View Post
    Hunting for sport is just as bad, not the same, but not good either. I guess I didn't quite make myself clear on that - if you're hunting to eat, ok, but I still oppose killing animals, unless that's the only food you can get.
    I can appreciate your opinion and respect it because you are honest. I do however share a different view of Mike than you because I know him and I know that he is not a bad person at heart. I think some of the folks, and I would say they are the minority(ESPN conducted a poll where 70% of those who responded agreed with Philly's decision to sign Vick) need to take a deep look at themselves before they try and judge someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by wazabiker View Post
    What Vick did with and to dogs is totally reprehensible. Now that he has signed a lucrative contract to play football, can you honestly say his character has changed? The evil things people do speaks volumes about who they are and who they will continue to be,
    well said