Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Vick

Quote Originally Posted by bigtop1 View Post
    You Know,........When I was growing up as a kid, my Grandparents would have to euthanize kittens because there were just too many of them to have around. Drowned them in a bucket of water. They would also go to the market back then and, buy live ducks and chickens and, slaughter them at home to eat later that day. We never looked at the act as being cruel. It was a matter and, a fact of life. Dog fighting goes on throughout the world and, also down south. Its not something that I would do, nor a lot of other people but, its still being done. Hell, they eat dog in a lot of countries. Vick has spent his time. He happens to be a professional athlete. He shouldn't be deprived his livelyhood. It's a lesson learned. Let him go on with his life. I hope he goes on to do well in football and, his personal life. Good luck to him.
    Killing animals to eat is not even a fair comparison to killing animals for fun or profit........

Sure, criminals deserve second chances and especially a chance to make a living..... I totally agree! However, playing in the National Football League making millions of dollars is A PRIVILEGE that very few atheletes have the opportunity to do. I'm disappointed with Roger Goodell's slap on the wrist to Vick.....Vick purposely murdered, mutilated and tortured dogs and should at the minimum at least get a year long suspension as Dante Stallworth did for his manslaughter DUI charge at the least! If it were up to me Vick would NEVER play another game PERIOD! The only reason he is showing remorse is because HE GOT CAUGHT!! He'd still be killing dogs today had he not gotten caught. I hope his leg ends up like Joe Theismans leg on his first snap in the preseason!
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

First of all. I know Vick personally. He and I lived in the same apartment complex in Newport News Virginia. I have known Vick and his family since he was a kid. Vick is not a bad person. He is a follower who allowed himself to be influenced by some very bad people to do some very bad things. Me being a christian always find it amusing when i see other so called christians judge people. Vick does deserve a second chance. Also, this is an opportunity for Vick to help curb cruelty to animals, by using his platform to speak out against it.
    Moreover, I am saddened at the hypocrisy of those who are so offended by what Mike did, but see nothing wrong with hunting and killing animals for sport. Is a dog's life worth more than a deer, a duck, or any other animal? Those people who hunt and kill animals for sport but would condemn Mike are HYPOCRITES. The killing of all animals is wrong.

The key is remorse, and MV seems honestly remorseful. Live and let live.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

I don't condone what he did, but I agree with rdf. He seems remorseful and served his sentence. If the NFL and the Eagles are willing to take a chance on him, then let him play. I think he's going to come back as a better football player because he probably feels he has a lot to prove now.
    If there is light
    it will find
    you

--Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by semajh7 View Post
    First of all. I know Vick personally. He and I lived in the same apartment complex in Newport News Virginia. I have known Vick and his family since he was a kid. Vick is not a bad person. He is a follower who allowed himself to be influenced by some very bad people to do some very bad things. Me being a christian always find it amusing when i see other so called christians judge people. Vick does deserve a second chance. Also, this is an opportunity for Vick to help curb cruelty to animals, by using his platform to speak out against it.
    Moreover, I am saddened at the hypocrisy of those who are so offended by what Mike did, but see nothing wrong with hunting and killing animals for sport. Is a dog's life worth more than a deer, a duck, or any other animal? Those people who hunt and kill animals for sport but would condemn Mike are HYPOCRITES. The killing of all animals is wrong.
    I'm torn. Yes, he does deserve mercy and I agree that hunting for sport is just as fucked up. I also don't believe Vick is necessarily an evil man, but who was perhaps a bit naïve about what he was doing. Some people just lack common sense and mature empathy to fully understand their actions, especially over an issue with animals, as we have witnessed people in this very thread express such lack of empathy.

WWJD.

He forgives you for your sin.

I am not better than Jesus. But following the way he lived, can lead to one fulling life. (btw Im not even religious)

MV, did his time, some murderers and child molestors do their time and get back to society, what he did wasn't even close to that-I can't wait to see him play.

I watch football, and he's nothing more than an entertainer to me, not a role model rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Danine View Post
    May the Eagle's lose every game this season. May PETA protest every game. May Michael Vick get struck by lightening and may paramedics accidentally hang him with the stretcher straps as they haul his dead ass off the field. He tortured and killed defenseless animals. There is no excuse and no atonement for torturing those who can not defend themselves. MAY KARMA HAVE HER WAY WITH YOU, MICHAEL VICK, YOU SORRY BASTARD.
    Fantastic.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Sorry, but there's differences between hunting/killing ducks, deer for food & hunting for sport & torturing & killing animals. He may have done his time, but he shouldn't profit by getting paid a huge salary playing pro sports. I hear Burger king is looking for help.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Coleen View Post
    Sorry, but there's differences between hunting/killing ducks, deer for food & hunting for sport & torturing & killing animals. He may have done his time, but he shouldn't profit by getting paid a huge salary playing pro sports. I hear Burger king is looking for help.
    Just my opinion, of course.
    Oh, no! I wouldn't wish working at Burger King on my worst enemy.

Character?

What Vick did with and to dogs is totally reprehensible. Now that he has signed a lucrative contract to play football, can you honestly say his character has changed? The evil things people do speaks volumes about who they are and who they will continue to be,
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now